We are engaged and he made it known to everyone, including his JW friends and family

by FingersCrossed 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

What does that imply?

Btw, to update of our planned Bible study together ~ didn't start, I found it disturbing to argue with someone with JW mindset, confusing and annoying. I am just not ready yet, for it takes a lot of patience I know. So we decided to just take note of a certain scripture and paste them into a certain thread of topics.

FC

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Appreciate if someone can tell me if this is normal situation or isolated one?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

What does it imply? That getting married to this guy is the worst idea in the world. It sounds like he's wavering a bit, but crossed fingers isn't going to help you if he decides to remain a dub.

Think ahead to future children. Being raised as a dub child is a ghastly experience, one I and many others here have experienced. And if your child should ever need a blood transfusion to survive, and your husband says no, what does that imply?

Read marriedtoajw's thread, which was just posted a short time ago, and see how horrible things can get.

Uncross your fingers and learn about the cult you plan on associating yourself with. If you have even a lick of common sense, you'll run far and you'll run fast.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi FingersCrossed, Have you read Steve Hassen's books ( "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Organizations") or visited Steve Hassan's website?

JWs have two personas. The authentic persona you fell in the love with. The cult persona is the one that is trying to be a good JW and follow the WTBTS's doctrines. JWs fight a constant battle between their authentic persona and their cult persona. The cult persona usually wins until they awaken. Why do you want that kind of excessive drama in your life?

You really should read "Son returned home nad full speed ahead with all the jw stuff..." by marriedtoajw - it shows how you may feel someday if you do marry a JW.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit