Experience with elder: From top down to bottom up organization

by Gorbatchov 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It was around 2009, when I attended Higher Education (bachelor), an elder of the congregation made an appointment for a encourage conversation at home. Because I know the elder whole my life, and I have respect for his age, I couldn't say no. We started with a good cup of coffee. Then he took an old, folded piece of paper with notes.

Word for word he read aloud what he would say to us (Gorby and his lovely wife), without looking to us. It was a story about stay preaching from house-to-house.

Then he took a photocopy of an old illustration:

He explained that this was the way the organization was designed. With my new bachelor business administration degree I could not resist to oppose the organizational chart.

I told the elder, that I had other ideas of how the organization had te be designed. I took a paper and a pencil, and drew the next chart, based on the idea of Servant Leadership:

1. publisher

2. Ministerial servant

3. Congregational elder

4. CO

5. DO

6. Bethel

7. Governing body

8. Jesus

9. Jehovah God

The elder nearly dropped from his chair. He responded: "You could be very right! But you are not, because the illustration from the brothers is how it is!".

The conversation was ended very fast. I always have to smile about this experience, when the organizational chart is in the news again!

• scary21
    scary21

Yes, but the new chart would have the GB right under Jesus. With the new light they have moved up the ladder. Even on the old chart notice they are in red print along with Jah and Jesus, all the rest are in black print............how discreet of them !

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I don't know how to paste an image here and besides its not mine but was created by another member over at www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com his user name is Fugue

Checkout his JW Organizational chart here on this link about the 5th post down

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12869

NJY

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Here ya go -

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body bloodguilt child molestation and murder

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Eustace
    Eustace

Gorbatchov

Did they not have DOs and COs when the illustration was put together?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit