JW's disdain for the Papacy, and their new light

by zed is dead 9 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I love how the Witnesses have contempt for all other religions, especially the Catholic church. Their big gripe is about the Pope being the spoksman of God. They pride themselves in not having a clergy. With the new understanding of the 8 GB members now being the FDS, isn't this their college of cardinals? Same stuff, different day!

zed

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The only difference is that they do not openly choose one of the mix to be the Head Cardinal (Pope). Anyone who ever served on a BOE knows there is that Head Man, even if he does not have the Title.

Doc

• Emery
    Emery

Its all semantics, same power and authority, different name.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

.I love the Catholic aesthetic. Does any KH come close to St Peter's. Those tacky borgeous suits vs. the read robes of a cardinal. The exquisite lace. Incense.

One of the factors I weigh in religion is the entertainment factor.

They really hate Catholics. Does anyone know why? I do know that right wing Catholics stirred up much persecution before WWII. If the Wt had the same political heft, would Catholics still exist?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s love their..

WBT$ Governing Popes!!..

............................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• man oh man
    man oh man

They don't like the papacy probably because they have more money and property!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Actually its more like the Catholic church than that.

The FDS started with the appoinment of those "in charge" in 1919 right? So Rutherford and maybe the board of directors? Well they are dead. The GB appoints its own members. Noting is done with special prophetic or miraculous guidance according to them.

Apostolic succesion anyone?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

my adopted dad is a catholic. i have mixed feelings. catholicism is responsible for the retardation of education and knowledge for a long time. but this guy i know will give you the shirt off of his back, the $ in his wallet, and still be on time for whatever charity he is helping that year, even tho it usually results in being taken advantage of. all because he was taught to be christlike. he has also made some REALLY stupid decisions because he consults his priest about everything, (think ned flanders). and his lazy ass priest's vague answer to every question is "if it is gods will, the opportunity will arise", or some other fortune cookie sounding advise.

so screw the catholics is what im saying.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

not screw catholics. i mean screw catholisism.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is the matter of the Watchtower First Commandment.

Thou Shalt Not have any other Popes Before Us!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body publishes endless nonsense

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit