JWs who end up in the sleeper car, are on the train to Paradise

by moshe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I read this comment on the memorial page for a 93 yr old JW I knew who died--

As our District Overseer said, 'Some of us will be in the passenger car on this train heading into Jehovah's new system, and some of us will be in the sleeper car. One way or another, we're going to get there!'

He's having the best nap of his life.

-------------------------------

JWs will say anything to avoid the obvious- they are all going to end up dead, just like their neighbors.- what do you think?

• 88JM
    88JM

Since my dad heard this "illustration" given in a talk, he parrots it ALL THE TIME to EVERYONE.

It REALLY gets on my nerves and I can feel myself getting angry.

• Glander
    Glander

Most JW's won't admit it, but they are begining to wonder if they will ever get out of the depot waiting room.

SIGN BOARD

- Train 1914 - destination: New World - Arrival time: any moment - status: delayed indefinately

• moshe
    moshe
    he parrots it ALL THE TIME to EVERYONE.

I wonder if your dad remembers the "stay alive until '75" , catch phrase from 40+ years ago?- That one sure went out of style.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think the train in the illustration is heading to a Nazi death camp.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The other recent illustration being used is "making it into the New World/Paradise via The Underground.

Like the WTS, they must do a rewrite of the bill of good that they were sold and in which they truly believed -- but which have not come true.

"Dozens Now Living May Never Die"

Isn't it the same thing that the Serpent told Eve? "You will positively not die!"

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit