Canadian radio station plans show re: new book re JW's being a cult

by sosad 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sosad
    sosad

The talk show host had family that was jw - he is pretty non biased when i have heard him speak about the Witnesses but straight shooting. He is sure to get some attention from some current jws if he raises this as a topic. The local producer has been unable to get any response from "the local chapter" of the organization. I am surprised to hear this is being researched as a topic actually just becasue of the hosts association. The station is in Regina, SK and can be heard on the web at Newstalk 980 CJME. I believe it is a scheduled topic for Monday January 14th but that could be incorrect.

i have no idea what the book is but will post if i hear

• jgnat
  • sosad
    sosad

actually, new light : ) - it is not going to be in the morning. Afternoon drive with David Kirton - Saskatoon Newstalk 650 CKOM - might be simulcast on the sister station in Regina. They interviewing the author (name unknown to me) and looking for someone local - I am faded and very open to my family about that fact but this is not the right time for me to go live so to speak - is there anyone local(ish) to SK, Canada that would be open to a phone interview ????

• sosad
    sosad

The author is Richard E Kelly - he has written two books that i can see. Web site of the same name www.richardekelly.com

• hoser
    hoser

btt

• cedars
    cedars

Here is Richard's interview from a couple of days ago for those who are interested...

http://www.cjad.com/blog/BarryMorganShow/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10487745

Cedars

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I was all over that site and old not find a link to listen to the show.

NJY

• sosad
    sosad

i think it is the listen live option - i will post if i get an exact time but should be around 3pm SK time (same as Manitoba if that helps)

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Sosad,.

Thanks,

If you happen to see a link to the recording and could copy paste it here it would be appreciated.

NJY

• sosad
    sosad

i just listened to the pod cast. It was actually pretty good. sorry i cant post the link directly but i found it at ckom.com, click on afternoon news and it was aired Monday 14 january 2013 around 330pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit