Delusions Of Paradise?

by SophieG 3 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Sieborg’s thread in the jokes section: “Questions That May Be Asked After Armageddon” took me back to the days when I would sit in the KH bored to tears and let my mind wander about Paradise and what it would be like:

I remember clearly as a child when I realized that my parents would not be married. I was very upset. As a matter of fact I was ticked about this notion that the "resurrected cannot be married"..AND...that my mom seemed okay with it! HMPH!
    Meeting my dad and monopolizing his time.
    I could finally eat shell-fish without going into anaphylactic shock.

I thought being naked all the time would be cool.

Experiencing perfect love/sex in a perfect body.

Hoping that a former ex-boyfriend would have miraculously survived and we could finally be together.

Living on a beach, living a leisurely life.
    Hitting the Big 500

No meetings, FS, but I looked forward to working in the education of the resurrected field. I envisioned Paradise Universities. I loved teaching in a classroom format.

Oddly, I did not care to meet any of the “special ones” I.E. Joseph, David, etc.
    Looking forward to scientific/technological leaps, while arguing with others who thought that we won't have technology...say what???

I could care less about making a wild animal a pet. I just wanted PEACE!

…I am sure I can think of more….

I don’t know when I realized that these people have absolutely NO IDEA what is going to happen after A-DAY, and that just like now, they will make it up as they go along.

I recall some brother sharing this thought that some "special" ones would achieve perfection faster than the rest of us...OH REALLY? and where did you get that? Is this the beginning of another set up for an "elitist" class since the anointed will be up top????

Towards the end of my life in the ORG, I realized that if JWs were the only people to survive then I wasn’t going!

What were some of your Paradise Dreams/Ideas?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

SophieG, a nice topic. I remember sitting in the chair at the meeting when I was 6 years old or less. Because I and my family had a kind of superiority feeling, we feel much better than others in the congregation, I remember thinking I don't want to live next to sister .... or next to brother .... . I was thinking of creating a sort of independent republic in paradise with only my own family members and a few blessed friends , allowed to live next to me!

I did'nt like the idea that there would be no TV, radio, home computer, nice cars, adidas shoes etc, and hated the idea I have to work with my hands in paradise.

My parents often told me that maybe there would be modern things in paradise, remembering a picture with a john deere tractor in the "You can live forever in paradise" book. When I looked at the picture, it made my day... However the picture of seducing between a man and a woman in the same publication gave me a good feeling too

• SophieG
    SophieG

Gorg: I did'nt like the idea that there would be no TV, radio, home computer, nice cars, adidas shoes etc, and hated the idea I have to work with my hands in paradise.

I awlays had a problem with that thought. That's why over time I decided: I AIN'T GOING!!!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We had a sister who repeatedly said if we were naked no-one was going to be allowed to put their naked bum on her sofa. She would be giving them a piece of kitchen roll to sit on and they could take home with them when they left.

It never occurred to me to ask where the kitchen roll was coming from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit