Would you give your life for those that shun you?

by Esse quam videri 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

'No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.'

Many have been hurt by the practice of shunning. Family members, [former?] friends, etc. My questions are these.

Though these ones have shunned you or are doing so presently, would you sacrifice your life to save theirs? Has their behaviour changed the way you really, deep down, care for them?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Alright, goof, I'll play.

So, you're assking, my "friend" is shunning me, and, by this display of friendship, would I lay down my life for such a friend?

Is that the question, f*%^tard?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Though these ones have shunned you or are doing so presently, would you sacrifice your life to save theirs?

Would I sacrifice my life for people who Need me Dead,so they can have their New Watchtower World?..

Uhhhhhh?????.......Let me think about it............All done..

........................Image result for No

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

They are not your friends.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If they were drowning, would you do anything to save them?

Most J.W.'s - not all - are just people who are doing what many of us here used to do.

Having the scales removed from the eyes should make us far better human beings.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If they were drowning, would you do anything to save them?

....................http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QmIJAjRTiwg/UHhL3ijILcI/AAAAAAAAFoU/yBe716Lmyh8/s320/anchor_drowning.jpg....http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    You never turn your back on family, even when they do.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    I have to agree with cookiemaster. I have spent my entire life forgiving my family (mother and sister). I am not a JW or ex-JW. I am actually the one who decides to walk away from them for long periods of time because of their attitudes but yes I do return to them every last time -- in their time of need. AND, yet again the one who ends up getting hurt in the end will be me and I will walk away again. But one is an alcoholic and the other is addicted to prescription drugs and neither can fully function on their own.
  • Splash
    Splash

Family life or death - Yes I would help.

Family major problems which are not life or death - Let them ask their other 'friends'.

Non-family - They can deal with it themselves.

If we were 2,000 years ago, these same people would have stoned us to death so we wouldn't even be here to help.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Hard to say if I would give my life for those that shun me.

But one thing is sure, I do not feel any resentment for the members of my own family, and those of my in-laws, who feel like shunning me because I know they are manipulated by the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I am so happy to have voluntarily and officially withdrawn myself from this American cult that the fact to be shunned does not affect me personally. And luckily some members of my own family are not JWs.

And life is nice !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit