What's Your Favorite Comfort Food?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hot Turkey Sandwich....or Pizza!

• lost1
    lost1

Rare roast beef in a crusty roll, chips and mayo dip!

• minimus
    minimus

hot turkey sandwich...yummy.

and chicken salad!

• Thor
    Thor

I'm with MsD on this one, I do love fried chicken and mashed potatoes, although I don't eat it very often.

Actually, there are very few foods that I don't like

Mrs. Thor

• whathappened
    whathappened

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw...or a really good meatloaf with mashined potatoes and brown gravy. (I like the meatloaf recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal box.)

BBQ ribs also work for me.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Pizza, strombolis, calzones, french fries, pasta.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I remember Bosco!!!!

Mac and cheese.

• Glander
    Glander

When I was a kid, we drank Bosco and liked it better than Nestles.

No shit!, Bosco was the caviar of chocolate to squirt into a glass of milk. By the way, the milk was whole. In fact we used to get milk with the cream floating on top.

We were so poor that we drank Ovaltine with powdered milk. Ovaltine was a disgusting substitute for cocoa.

PS If you read this Mom, this is not a complaint, just a fond memory

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

For all the Bosco lovers, I guess we're in the same age group, but I remember something called CocoMarsh, which came in a short bottle with the pump top, anyone remember that?

As far as my comfort food, I don't know if this qualifies but, beer and pork rinds, beer and pistachios, beer and chips, beer and freshly roasted chestunuts . . . the list goes on.

Deep fried shrimp heads, with the horns intact, and of course lots of Sapporo to down that with!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit