Letter of Understanding - LOU

by dreamgolfer 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Dear Friends,

After reading the wonderful article and comments on the LOU with regards to blood for minor children.

It made me think that such a document and it's principle of writing would also have merit and be valid for use of and not limited to allowing - Military Service, Acceptances of Oaths and Allegiance and other legal situations that have cost many previous JW's their lives.

I throw this out to all in terms of a discussion - what do you think?

Thanks and Happy NEW year!

GO SEAHAWKS!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey DG,

I guess I got to the discussion late. To what LOU are you referring? Clue me in!

00DAD

• dreamgolfer
  • Chaserious
    Chaserious

I am guessing the WTS would not be satisfied by such a document in other contexts. After all, it is only used with minors who can be forced by the state to get a transfusion in any event. Adult JWs as I understand it are still expected to die rather than accept prohibited blood procedures. So I would imagine that adult JWs would still be expected to take the consequences for refusing miltary service, oaths, etc.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

This Letter of Understanding business shows the nasty hypocritical underbelly of Watchtower.

Watchtower teaches parents and children of Jehovah’s Witnesses that transfusion of blood is equal to and just as repulsive as rape and then turns around and supports the creation and use of this document exposing children to blood transfusion.

I know countries where raping a young girl is regarded as perfectly legal under certain circumstances. Does this mean Watchtower’s going to support letters of understanding for children to be exposed to rape because they’ll lose the case under law anyway?

That governing body at Watchtower headquarters gave up on its blood doctrine decades ago. If nothing else this document proves that! But for whatever reason those venal naives cannot find it within themselves to stop teaching it under pain of it’s organized communal shunning program. Every single one of those men is a hypocrite of the rankest kind. Every one of them.

Blood transfusion: Letter of Understanding available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/12/blood-transfusion-letter-of.html

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit