Home alone

by jonno12225 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jonno12225
    jonno12225

Here I am, sat at my computer. I feel an odd clamness as i sit alone in my house. My wife and kids have just left for the meeting. There were no arguements, no 'well are you going or not?' moments. Just a kiss goodbye and a 'have a nice time' to the kids. I could get used to this :)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Anything else planned for your evening? Anything productive that would make your wife say "wow" when she comes home?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when Homer decided to quit going to church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer_the_Heretic

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^Great episode. I agree with Billy. Do something nice. If she sees you ont he couch farting and drinking a pint when she gets back, it could turn real quick.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I'm having a bath, pc tablet in hand whilst wife and kids are off to the k hall, however I don't have calmness as I'd prefer my kids not go. They haven't for 4 weeks but this week is C O week and they want to go.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the kids know what's up. They play the politics as well. Believe me when they get home, they will feel like those two hours are time in their life they will never get back.

When the family realizes you haven't grown horns, nor joined the Scientologists, they will be a little more receptive to skipping meetings

• Hortensia
  • sd-7
    sd-7

Yeah, that's some of the best time ever, when the wife and kids go to the meeting. You can kick back, take a nap, watch an R-rated movie if you want, or play some video games... It's especially good when they're at the assembly. You can go out and catch a movie or check out the comic shop or...whatever you want.

--sd-7

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Jonno, use the time to do something you love...when my wife goes to the meeting I spend time in the garage tinkering on my cars and on Sunday I go on a motorcycle ride...I return in time to have lunch with my wife and spend the rest of the day with her. In the winter I go out to play hockey with my new buddies...I no longer feel odd or guilty for not going along with the endoctrinations program.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome jonno12225, I hope your blissfulness lasts with your wife. Encase your wife starts to turn up the heat on you not attending meetings, you might want to read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit Steve's website, and visit a few travel websites to get ideas to ask your wife where she would like to visit on a vacation.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit