How many people are inching closer to a better life and how many are starting to circle the drain?

by Terry 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry

None of us knows for certain what tomorrow will bring. Yet, each of us has a personal sense of whether things are getting better for us or not.

Let's take a show of hands.

1.How many of us feel like we are inching closer to a BETTER LIFE

2.How many feel like they are starting to circle the drain?

You don't have to say why unless you want to.

As for myself? I confess I can't say for certain. I'm like the airplane in a holding pattern. But, that isn't one of the choices is it?

Okay, let's make it the 3rd choice:

3. In a holding pattern; neither better nor worse.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I dont think there is a middle line... Life depreciates by the minute... If you are not doing better then you are doing worst. The difference between doing better and worst are simple little daily things that are easy to do but also easy not to do.

• moshe
    moshe

I survived disease (very sick at age 6), accidents, a fake religion, 2 divorces and have lived long enough to finally draw my Social Security. I don't have to worry about working anymore to survive-unless it's something I want to do- Now I just have to keep dodging the Grim Reaper for as long as I can- I am in good health for almost 63 and my doctor has been unsuccessful in finding any malady or infirmity that he can prescribe a daily medication to fix-my blood pressue is about the same as it was 15 years ago- anyway he's a doctor and prescribing medicine is what they do-

Hey, Terry, next time I come to Texas to visit the grandkids, I think I will throw my bike in the back of my truck and we can go for a bike ride together- does yours have 2 or 3 wheels?

• Terry
    Terry

Hey, Terry, next time I come to Texas to visit the grandkids, I think I will throw my bike in the back of my truck and we can go for a bike ride together- does yours have 2 or 3 wheels?

Well, Moshe--at the moment it has one wheel in the back seat and one in the trunk:)

I dismantle it and carry it around everywhere. I don't believe in bicycle car racks. At least, not since I saw one come off on the freeway a few years ago!

That would be great fun. I could show you some great bike paths in Ft.Worth. The one I like best traces the Trinity River for over 20 miles!

When are you coming?

• moshe
    moshe
    When are you coming?-

It might be in early February.

• Terry
    Terry

When are you coming?-

It might be in early February.

PM me, Moshe and I'll give you my cellphone number and get yours!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yet, each of us has a personal sense of whether things are getting better for us or not.

My first reaction was to think of this strictly in terms of money, or at least success. I suspect that's because I was convinced I'd never have to worry about getting old and the health issues and retirement issues associated with that. And yet, I think I've fared better than many JWs in that arena at this point in life.

Thus, moving on to the BIG PICTURE, are things better or worse? Well, that's a matter of perception. Being a JW is like have Dr. Kervorkian assigned as your heathcare provider when no one else is able to find a doctor. Lucky you! As long as you don't know the "truth" about him, well you feel GREAT!

Every JW thinks they are Special. Jehovah has "drawn" them to Him because they are "Special". ONLY THEY (and a very small Special select group are on the narrow path to living forever in Panda Paradise. The rest of the blinded "fools" are eating, drinking, making merry money and headed off into destruction. HAH! Suckers!

But suddenly (OK, s...l...o...w...l...y ) the blinders come off and BAM! you ain't $h!t -- you've been swindled! Your youth, your time, your money is all gone! But so are all the "promises" for those who were "Special". Well, sssssheeee-it!

SO...........are you closer to a better life? Or, not?

Better (or worse) than the fantasy you used to believe? Or, better or worse in the "real world"?

I think that depends on how far you are into this new "journey". And, how the new steps you are taking have helped you along mentally, financially, socially, physically, etc etc. How well and how fast have you dealt with the "shock"? (Yes it is a SHOCK!) How are you "set up" in light of your age and expected lifespan? ('cause you ain't gonna live forever dude!)

And even at that point. . . . it's still a matter of perception as there is no one standard rule to measure it.

Hope each of you is convinced you are on the way to better things! (Yeah . . . it's the "blue pill" thing again.)

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit