why did man go from living 900 years to 90?

by sowhatnow 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome to the forum Gods_Kingdom, Are you by any chance a Witness?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The only thing that can save us from the power of the grave (after death) is the resurrection but that is another topic

So... interestingly, the bible doesn't say any of the stuff you just said. What book are you getting that from?

• kaik
    kaik
    Gods_kingdom very interesting construct on faith that does not have whatsoever base in the OT and NT. As Viviane said, where what book do you got this ideas from? I do not even recall these in the KH study. Jews do not teach it either, nor Catholic church...
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Rev.9;16 the number of the army of horsemen was two hundred million,

I heard the number. OK I call file, two hundred million horsemen. Don't

you think we may have a little exaggeration on numbers here, maybe like

living over 900 years.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

if the rate of aging was increased from 900 to 80 or 90 when the bible books were still being written, then by now we all should be extinct. lol.

but as history shows, many ancient societies, lived very short lives, due to disease death from pregnancy and giving birth, being hunted by animals, and hardships finding food, and shelter.

most age expectancy to 35 to 50 at the highest. now we are living longer again.

please , gods_ kingdom, where does the bible tell us when the 100 yr reign begins, and ends,

and where does it say that only resurrected ones will be in it? does the bible say people live 'through' the great war of God the almighty? people always will live through tribulation. [ since Armageddon is not an event, it is a place, so thats like saying were going to live through canada, lol.]

what I understand is that only [ the apostles] 12 will rule with him to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 19

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

revelation 20 vs says those who were given the authority to judge....[ there is no number of thrones mentioned here yet the 12 thrones are assumed, since it is stated that those who sit on them are judges].

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years

see from what i understand, the bible tells us that Jesus was only a savior and mediator for the Israelites. jesus said go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. not anyone else. [no where does the bible tell us that jesus ended the law code]. we are not then followers of the mosaic law. so we are not under it.

Thank the Lord, lol

• Terry
    Terry

The simplest answer is being overlooked.

There is zero evidence for the Bible's use of extraordinary age as factual.

You could almost make a case for "months" instead of years--but not quite.

It is fabulous mythmaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit