gas station witnessing?

by Honeybucket 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I was getting gas today and up pulled a car that looked familiar. These witnesses are my parents neighbors and they tried to turn me in for smoking pot, unfortunately for them, they told the elders it was the wrong person. There is a girl that floats to diff halls, she looks like me. She was telling me how she got called into an elders meeting because she was accused of doing pot, I didnt tell her the neighbors probably got us confused. So anyhow, Im pumping gas and I see the neighbor lady in the car with a bunch of young people and they all were just staring at the pumps. First they were looking at me, probably to place mags. Then they continued to just sit there staring at people. I know people do witness at gas stations and truck stops, but wouldnt you say its a little creepy. Wont a business run them off the property?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That is kind of creepy.

• Think About It
    Think About It

You know the routine.......anything to start the time clock or keep the time clock going.

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

That's exactly it. I knew people who used STOPWATCHES for keeping track of time.

• trillaz
    trillaz

If they do not interrupt the normal flow of traffic and let them know they are not soliciting, gas station attendants will let them off. When they do this, they have already placed a mag with the attendant.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One less thing to worry about--I ride a bicycle, and do not need gas. I also rarely set foot in Walmart these days--thanks in part to their tolerance of the witlesses doing field circus within their stores. Rather, I shop online--and at stores that specialize in the items I need. I get better quality, generally at full price--I believe top quality at full price is a better value than discounted crap with a washtowel thrown in at no extra money cost.

(Of course, the washtowel rag will cost you your soul--a higher price than paying 100 toilet papers for a headlamp, nearly 50 for a lantern, 16 for 2 D batteries, 25 for a light bulb, and almost 50 for a battery charger. Either way, I would rather get a Fenix LD22 flashlight at 65 toilet papers than a bare-bones Eveready for 2 toilet papers plus my soul.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit