Who wrote this?!?

by Christ Alone 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I was researching something completely different, and found this article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sectionfront/life/survey-jehovahs-witnesses-pray-the-most-nationally-340983/

The article (written in 2009) says: " On this National Day of Prayer, a survey finds that Jehovah's Witnesses are the most likely Americans to pray daily, Catholics are just below average and 5 percent of atheists claim to pray daily."

"Two groups that are outside the evangelical category due to doctrinal differences pray the most. Eighty-nine percent of Jehovah's Witnesses and 82 percent of Mormons say they pray daily. Among members of historically black Protestant churches, 80 percent said they pray daily."

Later it says: " Jehovah's Witnesses pray more because their faith teaches them to do everything with prayer, said J.R. Brown, director of public information for the Watchtower Society, an organization for Jehovah's Witnesses.

"It isn't just something we resort to when there is some problem in life, but is part of our life," he said.

Anyone think the GB had their hands in this "survey"? This certainly wasn't true of my life as a JW. And it was not really accurate of others I knew either. Prayer was ridgid and reserved for meal times, and possibily before you went to bed. It's probably a case of every JW that the survey examined wishing to give a good witness rather than be 100% honest.

• Satanus
    Satanus

What about muslims? They are completely off the list. They pray umpteen times a day.

S

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Good point, Satanus! They'd blow everyone else out of the water.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

christ alone its prob close because most jw pray before meals id the survey was pray daily 15 more at a time it would be differnt.

• undercover
    undercover

5 percent of atheists claim to pray daily

WTF?

Backsliders...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Naw, not backsliders, Undercover. BSers. The article says: "It's more likely [atheists] enjoy messing with the people doing the survey," said Stuart Bechman, president of the Atheist Alliance International.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit