Something to Think About

by Mr. Falcon 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

To All,

How will it seem years from now when all that we cherish and believe will become as dusty exhibits in a museum? We are constantly finding ourselves in different states of being, between breakfast and dinner. Perhaps, even that final snack before we are carried off in a realm of terrifying heights or ages undreamed of. It is important to remember that what we see in the inner being of our own existence is but a glass of fruit punch thrown from the window of a speeding bus. Alas, there is our real dilemma - not one of flesh and bone, but of rivets and insulation.

I first felt the anger when I picked up a dictionary and, upon saying a prayer, opened it to "S". There, like a diamond bullet to the forehead, it hit me. The tragic reality that a group of squids is not called a "squad". How would I tell those I love that everything we worked for has collapsed into nothingness? With eyes closed and teeth gritted, I closed the volume of words and placed it back on the shelf. I looked up at the great painting that hung over the mantle - the painting of Cap'n Crunch ordering his men to set fire to the ship of the line - and I swore that the change we all seek would be revealed in the next life.

Devils, we may be but it is never too late to pay postage. Yes, the postage that is long overdue on such a troubled existence. You may ask yourself one day why so many choose to eat while sitting down. That is fair. Tough, but fair. But there will never come a time in the history of mankind when we will look upon anything frozen and wish for rain, not fire to thaw its icy prison.

May your tranquility be loose and ample,

Mr. Falcon

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And yet, with the shattering of your own transitional state, you sloppily and without apology spray all within your vortex and alter their state of flux. The man who faced the predictable changes of 10 steps, door, 5 steps, elevator, 20 steps, office, chair, promotion now must insert a drycleaner into his stream of change as he now worries about the fruit punch stains on his tie. The street sweeper whose job is finished and he yearns for the changes of car, home, dinner, sex, must now step away from the pending changes and sweep up the red-stained crystalline shards that gleam and seem to bleed from the pain of broken continuum.

So little is sure, as we dodge the hurling fruit punch glasses of change, except this one thing: A good drycleaner is indispensible. A solid building, permeated with the smell of chemicals, and an urgent little man concerned with the life's artwork on a white shirt, to help us get a grip and slow the tide of this mecurial existence. Gravy stains are extra, but aren't they always, as such richness does not come without a greater price. The fat of being thickened and seasoned to make the bland go down easily and with enjoyment.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I think about that everyday.. no kidding!!!

great thoughts Mr Falcon and as usual New Chapter!!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I must object, New Chapter, to your rather shallow generalization that all of us simply exist in a sort of temporal curb-side state of flux, waiting for that chilled blast of fruit punch to wash forth upon our faces.

However, your delectable metaphor of gravy being a sort of "soothing balm" for life's problems give one a rather dsytopian, yet wildly-accurate, view of reality. Sure, the gravy softens the sharp vertices of life, but ultimately it can cost us more than we are prepared to exchange for that relief.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You've given me a lot to think about.

• palmtree67

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit