More shooting

by Hortensia 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's interesting that I don't see as much comment on the shooting of the volunteer firemen earlier today as we saw for the shooting at the school in Connecticut. It's just as horrible an event. How terrible that these volunteers who got out of bed to fight a fire, dangerous enough, were used as targets by some nut with an assault weapon. People there must be very very angry and upset, although it's overshadowed by the previous shooting.

And now Piers Morgan is taking the heat from NRA types who are trying to deny him his first-amendment rights to call for legislation to control assault weapons.

Of course, banning big weapons isn't the only answer. Who is going to take away all the ones that are out there now? And what about mental health issues? What about the question of identifying people who might become very dangerous and trying to work with them and their families?

Also, I did like the idea of having some folks on school campuses carrying concealed weapons, sort of like air marshals. Only no one should know who is carrying a concealed weapon, and that person should have extensive training for the possibility of attacks like the one in Connecticut.

I'm babbling. But these shootings are very upsetting, and it seems no one really knows what to do about it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Besty wrote a post about this tragic shooting earlier.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the NRA and it's supporters really show their true colors and how UNPATRIOTIC they are when they want to trample over people's FIRST amendment rights to get their SECOND amendment rights. I think this should discount any arguments that they use based on the 2nd amendment if they HATE AMERICA so much that they are willing to abandon the consitution.

There's a reason they are in that order.

• moshe
    moshe

Another mentally ill person , who already killed before, was released from prison and killed again. At least with Charles Manson, they knew enough to keep him in prison to protect the public.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“There's a reason they are in that order.”

And that reason is?

To many Americans there are some things more important that life.

Marvin Shilmer

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

There is no attempt to deny his 1st amendment rights. The NRA and it's supporters are simply usijg their 1st amendment rights (by way of a petition which you Libs seem to love) to send him back where he belongs for trampling their 2nd amendment rights. Of course that won't fit your view and the owner of this site will probably call me stupid.

It's true none the less.

• designs
    designs

How is Piers Morgan's calling our current easy access to guns and ammo stupid trampling on our 2nd Amendment.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

He has a captive audience who's ability to think on their own is highly suspect in my opinion. Also, how is "Get the F*** out of the US" considered infringement on free speech? He can run his head as easily eating fish and chips in London as he can here.

• designs
    designs

'He has a captive audience' damn those channel changers are hard to figure out.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I felt awful when I heard of these fireman being shot at the scene of the fire. The crazy man who shot them,had killed his grandmother with a hammer many years ago. How did he get out of jail? He should have been put away forever.

It's just horrible,this senseless violence,and now,more families are left to mourn their loved ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit