PRICELESS, True Story!

by Guest 77 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

While cleaning up my desk to make room for new garbage, I came up with this e-mail that was sent to me by my brother-in-law (non-witness) policeman and I thought I would share it with you for a twist in the action. Please bear with me.

"This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University and even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with 300 guests. After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage at the microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride and groom's families for coming and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such fabulous reception. To thank everyone for coming and bringing gifts and everything, he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So, taped to the bottom of everyone's chair was a manila envelope, including the wedding party. He said that this was his gift to everyone, and told everyone to open the envelopes. Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 picture of his best man having sex with the bride.

He had gotten suspicious of the two of them and hired a private detective to trail them weeks prior to the wedding. After he stood there and watched the people's reaction for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F---you!" He turned to the bride and said, "F----you!", and then turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said,"I'm out of here." He had the marriage annulled first thing Monday morning. While most of us would have broken off the engagement immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with it anyway, as if nothing was wrong.

His revenge? making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for guests for the wedding and reception. Letting everyone know exactly what did happen. And best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputation in front of all their friends and their entire families. This guy has balls the size of church bells. Do you think we might see one of those MasterCard "Priceless commercials" out of this?

Elegant wedding for 300 family and guests? $32,000
    Photographs for the wedding? $3,000
    Deluxe honeymoon accomodations in Maui for two weeks? $8,500
    The look on everyone's faces after seeing a photo of the Bride and Best Man having sex? PRICELESS"

Guest 77

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

LOL. Oh man that was well thought out.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

It would be nice and admirable if it ACTUALLY HAPPENED, but it did not happen. This is a classic example of an urban legend. It's a cute story though. But if you re-tell it do not claim it to be a true story and even Jay Leno talked about it. Cuz it just aint so :)

.. http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/groomsrevenge.htm
    .. http://www.snopes2.com/weddings/embarras/bothered.htm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

bboyneko,

Pbththththth!!!

Kill joy!!!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Simon
    Simon

Some stories you just want so much to be true!

• Quotes
    Quotes

Good work bboyneko.

Yes, these stories are fun/funny, but if people believe that they actually happened, then please email because I have some wonderful waterfront real estate in the Florida Everglades I would like to sell you... CHEAP!

I don't know about bboyneko, but "AS FOR ME..." ever since escaping the JWs I have made a point to question, and be more skeptical, of the things I believe.

Does that make me a party pooper? Well, some may say so, but I feel that there is a lot more fun in knowing the truth (not to be confused with "the troof") than in believing a falsehood. Besides, there are so many true stories which are true and just as fun, we don't need to water down the effect with a bunch of fake ones like this story.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Whether it's a true story or not, it's still a good laugh. Here's a true golf story. I friend of mind who is semi bald, hit a golf shot and the divot landed on his head, it fitted as though it was a toupe. That was a site to behold.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit