If the GB really were.......

by pontoon 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pontoon
    pontoon

........ really interested in preaching and teaching the "truth" they would divide themselves up and move to parts of the world where the truth is supposedly taking hold. Don't think it would help increase too much but just think what a motivation and inspiritation it would be to the witnesses in those places. Like Jesus pounding dirt with his apostles. They could work out of the branches if they haven't sold them yet, or live right in the territories and spearhead the preaching work. Shouldn't "firmly establishing the good news" be their #1 priority? Who better to do that then GB members? No excuses why they shouldn't do that. Aren't they suppose to be following in Christs footsteps? They want everyone else to make service #1. Through technology they could stay in touch with each other, or meet every 3 months. Of course it would mean giving up their American country club style lifestyle, green handshakes, new cars........ Just a thought, Hudson Valley NY

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That's a great observation!

From what I've read I don't think those guys ever go out in field service. They don't fend off dogs, stand on freezing cold doorsteps, beat their cars to death on back roads, cram themselves into uncomfortable cars with irritating people for hours, or get doors slammed in their faces. It's an ivory tower existence for them.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They think flying to tropical islands and giving talks (followed by a week on the beach I'm sure) is good enough.

• pixel
    pixel

Good observation.

I guess they have their fare share when they were CO and maybe some DO (I think all of them were CO at one point). Yeah, but still they should be really taking the lead.

I really like the episode in Acts when the apostles, instead of taking an admistrative job, took the lead in preaching.

Acts 6:4

New International Version (NIV)

4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

They would also take all of the money that they have invested and any profit that they are getting from real estate sales to have a world wide urgent campaign that the "the end " is around the corner, including radio ads, TV ads and billboards.

The fact that it's business as usual, clearly shows that they don't really believe what they preach.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS is a snare and a racket.

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

I once "went out in service" with the then-chairman of the GB: Bill Jackson. It was the only time I recall him doing so, though.

He always seemed to me like any other Witness: caught up in the delusion and just plodding along with no genuine sense of urgency. He did have a luxury car, though.

That was 35+ years ago, so take it for what it's worth in this volatile organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit