Celestial chariot or broken down cart? Judging the agility of the organization...

by cedars 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've just uploaded an "end of year" article to my blog. You can read it on the link below...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/why-is-gods-earthly-organization-so-slow

In my article I explain how 2012 has taught me something I didn't know previously about the Watch Tower Society - that it is painfully slow at responding to important developments.

I cite examples of three recent developments where the Society has been slow to respond, or get word out...

• The Candace Conti verdict - media blackout for six days following the judgment
    • The appointment of Mark Sanderson - no official confirmation for months after the appointment was announced at morning worship
    • The "new light" on the faithful slave - over a month before officially confirmed on JW.org, and a further month before the information was available in other languages

I then go on to look at the recent video about the Watchtower sign and make the argument that, far from being comparable with a lightning-fast celestial chariot, the Society has grown slow and cumbersome in responding to developments because it is essentially in love with itself - as per the Greek mythological character Narcissus.

Anyway, take a look at the article when you get a moment, and let me know what you think!

Cedars

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maybe they let go a key executive assistant. Sometimes those underlings, you know, are really running the show.

Yup, just another big bureaucracy.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Thanks you, Cedars. Your work is champion!

• prologos
    prologos

cedar thank you, there is another topic "thread"? that relates to your story: the slow publisher pioneer-moon walk.

I think the watchtower personnel is slow because they are like blind men walking in the dark(which they are) carefully feeling toes forward where the crocs are.

I had even toughts about the illustration you show . I can not believe that the creator of the universe is being jerked around by inerta - free, instant 3d. accelerations. -I believe - (if this is all valid)-, that the expanse-firmament separates the presence of the creator from the action below, and the chariot is not earthly. has no material counterpart. no earthly agents will be used.- IF I read it right, and it is really meant to be a peek into the spheres above. peace.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I suspect there's an element of contempt for the rank and file evident in their nonchalance; the Bethel biggies feel no obligation to divulge anything in a timely manner..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Room 215 - "I suspect there's an element of contempt for the rank and file evident in their nonchalance; the Bethel biggies feel no obligation to divulge anything in a timely manner..."

Authoritarian heirarchys are known for that.

Good stuff, as usual, Cedars.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The washtowel always seems to be one step behind Satan. When Satan does something (to liberate the masses), the washtowel reacts to it, often months or years later. If Jehovah really was superior to Satan and the washtowel was Jehovah's organization, they would warn people months to years before things started happening. Not to mention, that fxxxing chariot is always heading south where I needed it to head north, north when I need it headed south, northeast when I wanted to go southwest, and so on.

• THE GLADIATOR
  • cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's nice to see the article is being well received. I noticed at least one person comment that this is nothing really nothing new, because for decades the Society has been slow to react to things due to having its head up its own behind. Even so, hopefully the recent examples of slowness and narcissism will get some active Witnesses thinking who may wander onto my site. "God's organization" isn't quite as chariotlike as the Society likes to make out, unless we're talking about a chariot with the parking brake on.

Cedars

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

perhaps the chariot is waiting for the echoes to subside or for the wind to pick up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit