Just curious about Quebec exjws that may be here now or back in the 60`s

by smiddy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m going back a bit now, in the 60`s - 70`s when their was a lot of problems against the jw`s in the french section of Quebec . For some reason or other I was very interested what was going on in Quebec . If i remember correctly my wife and I were toying with migrating their .{ Canada that is} Who was the lperson in charge then ? the names on the tip of my tongue

I would love to here from you if you have any experiences from this era

smiddy,

• fedup
    fedup

The Premier of Quebec during the 1950's was Maurice Duplessis, he hated the witnesses and did all he can to persecute them, WT loved the publicity.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Laurier saumure was the bigwig co, back then. He was considered a celebrity for yrs. When i met him in the 90's, the guy had a serious drinking problem and his wife was threatening to leave or was leaving him. He got dffed and reinstated a few times. Still a totally company man, through it all.

S

• prologos
    prologos

there was also Jean Guy Tremblay, CO. His favored line: " they (the clergy) scrambled our cranium" he had an awakening, may be realizing the scrambling was alive and well in wt too. P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit