When a JW realizes they're anointed, are they supposed to tell the elders?

by Badfish 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Badfish
    Badfish

When a JW believes they are anointed, are they supposed to tell the elders, or do they keep silent and just partake of the emblems at the Memorial?

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

They better not or there is a damd good chance they will be labelled "mentally diseased".........

You were raised in a JW family, maybe you could have this discussion with them?

• a watcher
    a watcher

If I were called I don't think I'd tell the elders. I'd just discreetly start partaking at the next Memorial.

• Badfish
    Badfish

They better not or there is a damd good chance they will be labelled "mentally diseased".........

I thought that since the overlapping generations new light was introduced, one no longer had to be alive in 1914 to go to heaven. Doesn't that new light mean that anyone's life that overlapped with someone who was alive in 1914 could go to heaven?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Isn't it interesting that with all the biblical scholars of our time, and with all the early church fathers (some, like Clement, who personally knew Peter), only the Jehovah's Witnesses have been able to see this doctrine. It either proves that they either have insights no one else has or that their exegesis is off by a country mile! Having read the requisite scriptures put forth by the JWs, I'm convinced it's fiction. Why? Because the scriptures don't say what the JW literature says they say.

That's not likely to change any minds, but the question becomes, how would anyone know that they're anointed unless they receive revelation from Heaven? They couldn't. And the official doctrine of the church states that revelation ceased with the ancient apostles. So God would have to make an exception with the anointed class. I'm also fascinated by the doctrine that Jesus was resurrected a spirit when he plainly told the apostles, "Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bone as ye see me have." What did he say after that? "Ah, I'm just messin' with you...I'm really a spirit with this physical body I materialized. Guess I had you fooled!"

If I were a JW, you can bet that I'd be one of the anointed ones -- anything but living in a garden setting for the rest of eternity. The scriptures talk about those having "this hope" (being resurrected as Christ was)...so perhaps those who are anointed get it because they want it, not because they were predestined. The 144,000 number is not generally regarded as being a literal number anyway; rather, twelve denotes fullness and priesthood. The numbers need not be exact, and to qualify, you have to be a member of the House of Israel and one of the twelve tribes. So if you believe the JW doctrine and have the hope of being of the anointed class, go ahead and partake of the emblems. You've got as much of a chance as anyone else!

• trillaz
    trillaz

Cold Steel, and so goes the problem with the Governing Body. They have raised themselves up as the only verifyiable (in their mind) annointed. They do this but are only spirit directed (or so they say), giving the impression that they have greater insight in how they came to be annointed than the rest.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I told them, but they did not believe. If you have a sincere biblical question, ill be happy to try to give you an answer. After I got anointed I can confirm the truthfullness of 1John 2:27:

As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Nowadays, I think anyone who claims to be of the anointed is just making themselves, a target

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit