Score One For World Peace

by metatron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Can't seem to post the link ( Chrome) Anyhow, Businessinsider is reporting that a new technology has been discovered that may make stealth aircraft obsolete. It works with quantum effects and comes from the U. of Rochester in NY.

Might put a crimp in warmongering..

metatron

• james_woods
    james_woods

What are you saying - that this so-called new technology would make stealth airplanes visible to new forms of radar?

How would that bring about world peace?

Seems like it would just set things back to the way they were during the Viet Nam conflict.

• Dune
    Dune

Here's the link: http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2012/12/18/155-Now-unjammable-quantum-radar-that-could-make-stealth-tech-obsolete.html

Very interesting stuff. I don't think it'll necessarily stop high altitude surveillance. But maybe it'll be a secondary deterrent to other world powers since they know they can't mask their warplanes. (The primary deterrent being all out war & annihilation :-) ).

• mind blown
    mind blown

...interesting info.....

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, I finally was able to read their link. Here is what I think:

Their description does not really seem to address how passive stealth works on an aircraft, such as the B2. They attempt to prevent causing any return echos from coherently being sent back to the observing radar - not on trying to modify the echo to make the plane look like something else.

I would also expect that if this were the real cutting-edge deal, our military would have this made top secret and have put the gag order on such press releases.

We shall see.

• metatron
    metatron

The technology I read about involves quantum effects and goes well beyond just minimal radar echos.

This is not a magic wand to prevent war. However, it could go a long way towards inhibiting the constant obsession with military intervention that the US has. Fighter aircraft cost more than ever and the lack of a draft make fighting more expensive.

There are some other things happening towards world peace, some quite bizarre. Believe it or not, someone is stealing Israeli fighter jet engines from their highly secure bases! They recently reported the loss of a number of F-16 engines. No explanation has been provided as to how this is even possible - and it also happened about 18 months ago with F-15 and F-16 engines.

metatron

• james_woods
    james_woods
    This is not a magic wand to prevent war. However, it could go a long way towards inhibiting the constant obsession with military intervention that the US has. Fighter aircraft cost more than ever and the lack of a draft make fighting more expensive.

Now I understand your enthusiasm for this questionable technology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit