The deadliest school attack in this country 1927

by BlindersOff1 7 Replies latest social current

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

The deadliest school attack in this country -- deadliest school attack in American history -- was in 1927. That was the Bath School murders. Thirty-eight children and seven adults were killed, including the killer himself. Oh. He didn't use guns. He used dynamite.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I don't think it would be as easy to carry off a similar attack today, unless the attacker was the school janitor. That guy stashed several hundred pounds of dynamite and other explosives in the school over a period of several months. An Oklahoma City style attack is plausible, given that schools in my area don't have traffic control measures to keep vehicles away from the buildings.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

If there is no FREEDOM there is no life

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

Speaking of Oklahoma - a friend posted this on facebook. I think it's very accurate -

[ bullshit gun-propaganda removed - Simon ]

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I see, so if we can't completely irradicate killing, why bother trying to at least lessen the impact.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

"Why bother curing cancer since AIDS can kill people anyway?"

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

Yeah, that's nonsense: since McVeigh, there's been many copy-cat bombing plots that have been uncovered and foiled, due to passing new laws which require mandatory reporting of suspicious transactions (people buying tons of fertilizer, etc) to the FBI.

Laws change as vulnerabilities are exposed: it applies to all areas of law, not just gun control.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

[ bullshit gun-propaganda removed - Simon ]

Simon, it's YOUR site and you have every right to do whatever you so choose, but censoring things because they don't agree with your opinion looks kinda bad IMHO. But who am I? I'm very new here and perhaps I don't have ANY right to say a damn thing to someone I don't ever really know. It's just that I have such damn respect for you and this site, and I hate when it seems you impose the same kind of heavy-handedness as the Organization we are all complaining/rebelling about.

The utmost respect and appreciation!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit