New Rooming Arrangement for some district conventions in the UK - what are they up to?

by 88JM 39 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

So cofty, what is the theocratically approved sandwich(es).

• 88JM
    88JM

Can you imagine they actually said a few weeks ago in the WT: "Jehovah does not micro-manage his servants"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I didn't know this wasn't followed in all countries. I've been looking at those lists for years and always ignored them. The 1st year we had a DA in Long Beach, most of the hotels were in the ghetto. I wouldn't drive through there, let alone, stay there

• hellenback
    hellenback

By negotiating they mean getting kickbacks or free rooms for higher ups.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Loved the Ibrox comment, that might get lost here 88

• maisha
    maisha

true believers - chained to do as you are told

freedom of choice is what Jehovah wants - free to decide

the ONLY freedom of choice i ever had was when i was out.

Now i can truly say my concience is free, I have free will, freedom of worship, fredom of mind.

The pressure in the organisation is actually extreme. no wonder so many need sexual relief.

Long live freedom!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Along with Cofty's comments, they even tell you how to dress when checking-in...and of course we all know that we must wear our assembly ID card at all times so the city residents can witness how much money JW conventions bring to the local businesses...makes it easier for city officials to justify paying a kick-back to the WTS...

• blondie
    blondie

we must wear our assembly ID card at all times so the city residents can witness how much money JW conventions bring to the local businesses...makes it easier for city officials to justify paying a kick-back to the WTS...

Interesting thought, makes sense.

In my day I wore casual clothes (but "dignified") after the "event." I wonder if they expected to w ear your badge on your swimsuit?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Blondie, a couple of months ago there was a news item on this site about city council approving a pay back to the WT for holding several DCs in their city...this may explain why the WTS wants its delegates to be visible around the convention site. If the WTS really wanted to give a witness to the city they would have us go out in the ministry as they did in the past.

• 88JM
    88JM

Oh, and I should mention on top of it all that the new date is like a month and a half later than I have ever known a district convention to be here - right at the very end of August. Surely there has to be some cost-saving excercise at work here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit