untitled

by jemba 3 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

Hubby and I (faders) were in the supermarket today.

We had just avoided and completely ignored an elder and his wife when we saw a newly married couple who were both recently disfellowshipped, of course being the rebels we are we made a bee line for them.

The DF man was until recently a workmate of my Hubby so they quickly got into an animated discussion and I met the new wife who seemed nice but let me know they were getting reinstated ASAP. I was really dying to know if their DF had 'stumbled' them but unfortunately not.

I let them know that it was my DF years ago that set me on the path to realising that it wasnt the true religion.

The guys first wife had divorced him years ago but not 'scripturally' so if either of them wanted to marry again they would have to 'commit adultery' so it was up to him to free himself so he could marry this new lady.

I cant believe that after all the cult has put them through they still feel like its Gods chosen religion. Its so frustrating that they just cant see it.

But at least I got to put on a show for the ex-bethel couple who I imagine were in shock.

The DF couple invited us to drop around anytime but I really dont see the point because they just want to be JWs again and could never respect us for our stand.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I guess it`s more like a reverse situation of when a person accepts the message of jw`s , they have to be mentally receptive at the time ,likewise a person has to be mentally receptive to accept the information that the "truth" is not what it`s cracked up to be. A few years after I was converted I read a book "30 Years A WatchTower Slave" or something like that during the 60`s .It never woke me up , I wasn`t receptive to it ,I wanted to beleive ,it wasn`t till 33 years later that I was receptive to others critiscms of the religion in the early 90`s .

But I know the frustration you can feel when contacting old associates/freinds ,i`ve had my share . Don`t let it faze you ,younever know what`s in store a few years down the track.

smiddy

• jemba
    jemba

Thanks Smiddy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The DF couple invited us to drop around anytime but I really dont see the point because they just want to be JWs again and could never respect us for our stand."

If you have anything in common outside of JWland, you might at least give them a vision of a cult-free life. But if the only thing you ever had in common was the religion, the relationship certainly wouldn't be going anywhere at this point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit