Since when are COs Apostles?

by Imbue 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

I never knew COs were Apostles

They really have gone over board with these JW references. During a talk a brother referred to the men at the gatse of the cities of refuge as 'Elders' to 'Judge.' Where in the Bible does it call them Elders?

And since when are COs anointed Apostles and as great as Paul? I'm sick of them equating the COs to Paul. I just want to laugh when I here all these stupid self glorifying references.

Then, what about Deborah the prophetess and judge? They seem to forget that Deborah was a woman judging Israel.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Thou shalt not question the Organization.
    Thou shalt accept anything the Organization saith.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Imbue
    Imbue

lol @ elsewhere

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• MavMan
    MavMan

I don't believe that they are saying Circuit Overseers are apostles. They are comparing the work they do to that of Paul, Silas and others that travelled and visited the congregations. They visit congragations to encourage their brothers and sisters.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

YoYo troll---read your own literature.

To openly disagree with a CO is to 'harbor private ideas'; 'engage in independant thinking'and 'go against God's organization and therefore God himself.'

They don't 'encourage' the brothers and sisters---they try to keep them in line, as we have seen with eywitness testimony.

Not that it works. Over (it is estimated) one million ex-jw's, and the fact that over 75% of JW children do not become Witnesses...support the Uncristian-ness of this CO and DO 'arrangement'.

Jesus said you can tell a tree by the fruit it bears.

2004 Memorial Attendance: 15,000,000
    2004 Memorial Partakers:...6,000,000

Heehee!!!

• 2SYN
    2SYN

The poiny here is that these guys think they are better than all the other Witnesses. The higher you go in the WTBTS, the more corrupt these guys get.

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

The "poiny"? I don't think you got the point, 2SYN. The difference is between the left and right forefingers.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Yardif and Marman what about this?

Then, what about Deborah the prophetess and judge? They seem to forget that Deborah was a woman judging Israel.

How come there are no female judges? Deborah had Jehovah blessing. How come female anointed ones are lesser than these 'WT writers' who aren't even anointed? How come they can't write and judge if they are part of the so called 'Faithful and Discreet Slave?' These writing assistants are not anointed and they are doing the work of the so called 'faithful and disreet slave.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit