Man Of Steel

by PSacramento 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Coming out in June 2013.

While I have always been a bigger fan of Batman ( Martial Arts infulence) there was always something special about Superman.

My Favorite Superman storyline is Kingdom Come.

I was never a fan of the Superman series with Christopher Reeves, Superman Returns was at best OK and while I liked Smallville ( TV series) It was overlong and had some glaring faults.

This movie, however, is filling me full of hope :)

The first two are teasers, one with Kevin Costner voice over ( John Kent), the other with Russel crowe VO ( Jor-el)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_VRP5q1Zow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly--gT1RJdk

And this is the offical trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am looking forward to it. Not that I have a boner for it or anything.

OK, I totally have a boner for it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The trailers give me goosebumbs, I admit.

My wife and I saw the last trailer and we got all misty eyed, LMAO !
    I think its the choice of music or maybe just that it is so well done that it does get a emotional response from you, either way it was freaking cool !

I liked Henry in Immortals and he just LOOKS the part.

I am very psyched ofr this movie.

• cedars
    cedars

You can bet that any movie Christopher Nolan puts his name to will be worth a watch.

I agree the trailer looks promising. I loved the Superman movies as a kid. I'm interested how I'll respond to the latest reboot now I'm older and more jaded. The premise of Superman and his abilities just seems way too far fetched. The great thing about Batman is that he's a more believable character, even if Christian Slater's silly growling voice gets right on my nerves.

Cedars

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Christian Bale, not Christian Slater.

The whole premiss of SUperman is, for me, what intrigues me.

A virtually omnipotent being that serves rather than rules, that gives of Himself and suffers rather than imposing Himself.

Where as Batman scares crimimnals into "behaving", SUperman leads by an example of "doing Good".

Big boyscout indeed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I pretty much agree with this guy:

http://thedailybanter.com/2012/12/dissecting-the-new-man-of-steel-trailer/

I will also disclose my personal bias. Superman (1978) was the very first film that I ever saw in the theater. Gene Hackman is my all-time favorite actor.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is very hard to make a call in what Johnathan said and what he meant in the context of that conversation but it seems to me that what is being shown is the anxiety of a parent whos child may be in very serious danger and does soemthing that could lead him into that danger.

I was never a big fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman or Hackman's Luthor, they were to, how can I put it?

Campy? Cheesy?

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm looking forward to it. I'd prefer to reserve any judgment until after I've seen the film. I'm not too worried. Even 'Superman Returns' had its moments for me, though I didn't really like some things about it. I've read a few Superman comics, but none of the classics ones, I'm more of a Batman fan. I think my perception of Superman is shaped more by the old Superman films and the Superman Animated Series. I'm hoping for this genre to get beyond origin films and this excessive retelling/rebooting of characters that have been around for decades. Most moviegoers already know what they probably need to know about Superman, can't we just have a straight comic book story, bring in characters like Brainiac, Darkseid, maybe even Doomsday? But it's Superman, that's all I need to know.

--sd-7

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Christopher Reeve is just more man than Henry Cavil. I am sure it will be good. But Superman seems to have been slightly sissified?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit