life expectancy and science

by Aussie Oz 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Wife and I got to talking about modern medicine...you see, I want to make 100 not out. And according to my doctor, based on my current health and medical advances his thoughts are ''why not''...

Now this got us to thinking about all the medical advances in the last 100 years. Back then they say the average life expectancy was 40 years (depending no doubt on who did the states) but the basic is that in 1912 far fewer made what we would call old age today.

Got us then to thinking how many of our family and friends might not be here if the same conditions that ruled then were still applicable today...

My Mother dead at 43 from breast cancer, Me, dead at 10 from snake bite, wife dead in teens from massive infection, son dead at 3 from Meningicocal septicemia, daughter dead in the womb from no RH vaccine, friend dead at 40 from heart virus, old couple dead years ago from cancer and heart problems...and if we thought harder many more i am sure from things even like the flu.

Yep, the human condition sure has got a whole lot worse since 'satan' took over the earth! NOT

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit