by Honeybucket 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
  • tootired2care
    tootired2care

I get it, less said is mo better.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

oops.

Ok, so I seriously do this when I get mad at the ignorance... I talk like I am reading info straight out of a WT magazine.

ex: I am trying to get my husband to learn about false predictions. so i say..

" In the last 100 years there have been many false prophets among the nations. But there is one that is worse then all the others. In times hard to deal with we look for answers and sometimes the obvious ones arent the right ones. Would you, dear brother, agree that in unionwith the scripture written by ___ that says all prophets make a prediction that fails to come true should be put to death because it is clear that he really isnt speaking for god. In accordance with this scripture and with god would you not agree that the WTBS would be subject to death since they too made these false predictions. How loving of us would it be to acknowledge this and cut ourselves off from false prophets before jah's day of revenge"

I think its working...? I hope..

Anyone else use their own "suggestive" language?

• jgnat
    jgnat

It all depends on the audience. For my JW hubby what works well is little zingers and one-liners.

Try the techniques of a really good elevator pitch.

Short and sweet is hard to prepare. Pull out your scratch pad and remove most of what you would say. The idea is to have them go HMM.

• jgnat
    jgnat

P.S. I derailed all of hubby's "I've got the truth" talk by purchasing a small rock engraved with the word, "TRUTH". Every time he brought it up, I would hold up the rock and say, "I do, too."

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

LOL! The elder who called on me couldn't believe it when I countered his "but we've got the truth" with my "it is NOT the truth!"

I, a mere woman, contradicting him, the coordinating elder! I thought he was going to explode!

i love your rock idea, jgnat!

How long has your husband been holding out against you, resisting your zingers?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, charilko. We are well-suited for each other. We both love a good bicker. We are coming up to our tenth wedding anniversary and if I do say so, pleased as punch to prove our families wrong.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Having been shown a JW DVD where some GB member was saying how wonderful it is that Jehovah's creations live in harmony with each other, I now delight in commenting on the feeding habits of whatever carnivore we have just seen having lunch. "There goes Daddy blackbird, living in harmony with a beakful of worms!" "I see Mrs Miggins cat is wanting to live in harmony with some more of our quail!"

TV nature docos provide lots of opportunities too.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Congratulations! At least your JW is allowed to celebrate the anniversary!

and he can't be totally hard line because he married out!

• Pterist
    Pterist

I had a great reaction to a sister that seemed very upset that if she died before the GT and was resurrected later, that she would no longer be married and I reminded her that Jesus said in the resurrection she would be like the angles, no need for marriage or sex...she was pretty upset at the thoughts of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit