Teaching committee

by IMHO 5 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

A friend told me something recently that I thought was a bit strange.

Aprrarently at a recent Circuit Assembly it was sai:

"We have an announcement from the 'Teaching Commitee'; you don't have to stay in your seats during the baptism"

Two strange points actually the reference to the "Teaching Commitee" and the change of "policy" in not having to sit and watch the baptisms.

Any thoughts?

• alanv
    alanv

I supose it is possable someone said that at one assembly, but I dn't believe that it would be anything from the gov body. To them, baptism is the one thing they want all JWs to engage in, so they become truly a part of the org. If they just let people walk around, sort of take it or leave it, there would soon be a lot less baptisms, and a lot smaller organisation.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Baptism happens during the lunch break. People never really stayed in their seats...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Never heard any kind of announcement as you describe however it was noted that at our recent CA they made a point of saying that the morning sessions were over and when to be back in our seats once the song had been sung agent the baptism talk. The implication was that there was no complaints storing the baptism. Lots of people mentioned it during lunch but no one had a direct idea about why that was the case.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Erm I mean compulsion witnessing the baptism. Damn iPad predictive text...

• stillin
    stillin

I'm so sick of the mindless clapping at assemblies! For a while they clapped at the baptism of each and every individual coming out of the pool. Then during the last talk, they clap after nearly every sentence the speaker says.

My sons used to like "starting a clap" at that point of the assembly. Brain-dead morons!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit