my dub experience

by DanTheMan 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I came in '93. What an ignorant, needy, uncritical follower I was. My Catholic mom couldn't refute what I was telling her about Trinity & Hellfire, so I thought I had found the truth. What I had found was a hell I wouldn't wish upon anyone. The unending avalanche of literature that sounds like it was all written by the same person. Constantly being told how I should feel and think. Paradise, paradise, paradise, blah blah blah. The faithful and discreet slave - ugh! How many of the memorial takers have any say whatsoever as to what is published? I'd say less than 1%. How many on the writing committee are of the "annointed"? It's such a joke. A classic example of WT mind-control - This is from the 1/15/00 WT - (in reference to old-timers)

"How do they feel about having had to wait longer than they may have expected in order to see God's purposes fulfilled toward the earth? They have no regrets!"

Translation - The writer of this article feels that they should have no regrets. And of course the Orwellian trained mind of an old-timer JW goes right along with it. To express any sort of dissatisfaction with the Borg is apostasy. I just got so sick of the whole phoney deal. But guilt and fear kept me in way longer than it should have. So glad to be free now, to live my own life and not have to worry about nosey old men prying into my affairs. I had always hoped I would find a nice JW girl to marry. I'm SO glad that never happened. My WT experience really is a blessing in a way. When you've been in a situation like that and you manage to escape, it sure makes you a wiser and more tolerant person. I feel like my life has just begun.

• chezza
    chezza

Real life does begin after you leave, you are finally allowed to live your life the way you want.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I feel like my life is just beginning too. Kinda cool when you're in your 30s and you think going to a birthday party is really great!

• cellomould
    cellomould

welcome dantheman!

I am currently dating a Catholic gal. I have much respect for Catholics after my de-indoctrination. I bet your mum and you get along great now.

cellomould

"Money walks through the door, and memory flies out the window" Dream Theater, 6:00

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit