New Watchtower and Awake 11 pages of shallow articles...what happened!!!

by Witness 007 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    where is it that there are several people sitting around discussing what they feel the bible text they are quoting means? or is it only the 'governing body' who has that right?

I've never seen a member do this. If they wonder what something means they crack open the WT Library. Only the GB can interpret scriptures. Try going to a KH and telling an elder what you think a verse means, they'll tell you to do research and by research they mean WT Library.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    So do you all think it is a worldwide societal trend or just a JW one?

I think humans are a lot smarter today than ever. If I have a question I can have the answer in seconds. Never before in history could you do that. I know way more than I would have 20 years ago. Even video games gave me a certain type of thinking/problem solving skills and quick reactions.

The reason JW are getting dumb down is because of the control and knowledge control the GB want. If you let JW do too much of their own research and knowledge you start to get stuff like www.jwfacts.com. Any high control environment try's to stunt their people or keep them at a lower levels at all times.

It's hand holding at it's finest, except the GB try to grip as hard as possible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

New Watchtower and Awake 11 pages of shallow articles...what happened!!!

These are the new Watchtower "Homer Simpson D`OH!" Editions..

.....Image result for watchtower logo

...................Image result for homer simpson doh

.......................Image result for edition logo

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

I remember one day out in field ministry I went to a door by myself because it was bitter

cold. My wife and a few others stayed in the car and we were just going to the door one

at a time because of the cold and wind. I noticed as I was going up to the door that there

was four or five vans out in the yard. This was kind of in the rural area where you see

several vehicles in yards but these vans looked like they were driveable so i wondered

what may be going on. A woman came to the side door and immediately invited me in.

I told her why I was there and she said they were beginning to start their worship service.

I looked past her and there were 9 or 10 people in the living room with guitars, banjos

and fiddles etc. They were looking at me and wanting me to join them. As I didn't really

care to go into peoples homes I didn't know, I cut my visit short. Red flags went up also

as my jwdub training alerted me that these people are crazy and I would probally be

chastised for associciating with crazy pagan unbelievers. But as years went on and it

dawned on me that things I was taught as a youth growing up in 'the truth' did not add

up and things that I thought i knew didn't even make sense when I stepped back and

looked at things. I sometimes think back about those people with the guitars and banjos.

Were they crazy or delusional or did they worship in the way that they saw fit to worship

God? Who was I to determine how someone is supposed to look and dress and express

themselves to the Creator. I know I may be off target from the original post of shallow topics

but I look at things differently now since my 57 years of indoctrination. Back when I was a kid

you didn't question this or that from the platform. What they said was how it was. I wasn't old

enough to question or wonder about anything. If a brother said something from the platform

it had to be true otherwise why would he say it. My wife knows how I feel now so she just kind

of lets it be on the not going to meetings thing. I faded mentally a long time ago. I stopped

physically going to meetings in a sudden stop a couple of months ago. I got mad everytime

I went for the last few years. I couldn't and wouldn't keep up with the latest light. I was in mental

turmoil wondering why some witnesses acted the way they do but yet were in the most loving

religion ever. People would comment with glee, it almost seemed, that billions were going to die

if they didn't do what we say. Someone has called me twice and left a message asking for my

service time. I don't answer the call ( I have caller ID ) and I don't return the call. I've had depres-

sion problems my whole life and have finally come to the conclusion that this group-think control

thing kept me wound up my entire life. My mother is a strong JW so growing up with her didn't

help. She has been in for 60+ years and has a minimal grasp of what the JW's believe but yet

she is at all the meetings. I've rambled long enough but to cut to the chase I don't let people

tell me how to feel about anything or anyone. I sometimes wish I could go back in time and went

in and at least sit in with those worshipers on that cold Saturday morning and listened to what

they had to say. I might have learned something about being humble and listening to my own

thoughts and ideas instead of being told what to believe and don't ask questions. That's what

brains are for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit