New Watchtower and Awake 11 pages of shallow articles...what happened!!!

by Witness 007 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Found the latest copies next to the toilet {Witnesses must have visited my wife} and had a look after not reading anything for a year. Its a pamphlet not a magazine! Only a few pages long with shallow articles.It felt like my "spiritual food" was now those cheap home delivered diet T.V meals!! What happened to the solid and deep material? My wife said it's all at JW.ORG. Saving some trees is a good thing I guess. {No more "Watching the World"??}
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    If it is all on J w. Org why all the printing facilities? Hmmm. Follow the money trail!
  • done4good
    done4good

Witness007 - What happened to the solid and deep material?

Was there ever any?

d4g

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Since I still attend meetings and assemblies I get the distinct feeling that not just from a fader like myself, but everyone else too, people attention span is so short that meetings and assemblies have become (by perception and in reality) infinitely redundant. Literature myst be the same, things need to be shortened for this mind numbing redundancy
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

yes they are no more than pamphlets. there are at least a half dozen people at my moms khall who do not have internet or a computer, and cannot get on j w .or to begin with . they pretty much limited their accessibility to those who can afford it.

its all repetitive bull anyway. instead of concentrating on the good deeds they can do for each other,

all they care about is doctrine and pushing paper nonsense .

now, who predicts meetings will go down to one hour?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

The whole JW religion has been dumbed down. Most can't/wont even put up a fight at the door or try and defend their beliefs.

Deep personal bible study is a thing of the past. I don't know hardly any that do it besides a few old timers. Now study is going to JW.org or watching JW Broadcasting.

People 40 and younger for the majority just don't have an interest in the bible anymore.

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    thedepressedsoul39 minutes agoThe whole JW religion has been dumbed down. Most can't/wont even put up a fight at the door or try and defend their beliefs.

It's true! I remember even back when I use to go door knocking (about 10 years ago), the instructions we would get if someone wanted actually discuss doctrine was to say goodbye because they were most likely "apostates". Always thought that was weird, I know realize the truth is that if we were to discuss doctrine it would have been us seeing TATT and not the other person joining us.

• millie210
    millie210
    So do you all think it is a worldwide societal trend or just a JW one?
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

its anyone's guess, if its worldwide, be a good thing to know.

where is it that there are several people sitting around discussing what they feel the bible text they are quoting means? or is it only the 'governing body' who has that right?

if i question a passage or story, my jw mom, being so un knowledgeable to begin with when it comes to the bible, will always go right to what the society says it means. she wouldn't even research it with their sources, she 'has no time' lol. who pray tell, has time for [gasp], conversation? apparently no one.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    It's true! I remember even back when I use to go door knocking (about 10 years ago), the instructions we would get if someone wanted actually discuss doctrine was to say goodbye because they were most likely "apostates". Always thought that was weird, I know realize the truth is that if we were to discuss doctrine it would have been us seeing TATT and not the other person joining us.

If you think about it, what's the point of just reading the bible and studying it as a JW. You can't draw any other conclusion besides what the GB teach and think. You're better off just reading their literature and looking up the quoted scriptures. That's exactly what they want and exactly how it's set up.

As for defending their beliefs, I agree. They know they can't put a fight up and with so much on the internet that shuts down what they believe a JW will leave the door at a loss.

In the past, know one had access to the internet or their history. A JW would teach and argue what they were told to believe and the history they were told happened. The householder had no other information or nothing to present. That's all changed now. This is why they are now told just to leave because the JW will be leaving the door scratching their head thinking, "This wasn't how the Thursday night demo went?"

Even in public witnessing we are specifically told not to discuss doctrine issues. If someone comes up asking to direct them to the website.

It's sad but the preaching work is actually probably starting to make them lose members vs gain them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit