UN and WT investigation

by DevonMcBride 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Last October when the UN/NGO story broke, I recall reading that the UN had planned to start an investigation and possibly file charges on the Watchtower Society for failing to follow the Charter.

Does anyone else recall reading this? What was the outcome?

Devon

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hello mcbride (you sound like an associate of Clint Eastwood!) Yes, you're not halucinating, I remember this too and have been checking the threads on the un /scandals for 4 months now.Hopefully they'll get a move on.Surely it's in their best interests to do so ,after all they did appear rather stupid; not knowing what the wtbs really thought of them. Perhaps a few letters to the un DEMANDING an investigation would'nt go amis? The more they realise many people know about this; the more urgent an investigation may be, afterall, they would'nt want to appear to have been hoodwinked by a bunch of crack pots-would they??!!!And then we'll see if a write up of the investigation can appear in the press- oh joy.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Termite,

I see you are from the UK. In England, the UN scandal got some publicity in The Guardian. Here in the U.S. not one word of this was publicised. Maybe if charges were brought up, it would re-open the wounds.

Devon McBride

• anewperson
    anewperson

As I recall the UN did not have to go ahead and disfellowship or censure the Watchtower Society because doing so became "moot" after the WTS official cancelled its 10 year liason. However common sense says some if not all the UN-WTS ties remain on an unofficial level or through other groups still NGO's of the UN.

• Will Power
    Will Power

If the UN lets something like this (WT) take advantage of the perks offered to UN supporters while at the same time openly slandering their very existance as well as attempts to help, even the underdogs (like the WT) keep on an even playing field, who or what else have they NOT investigated? Could there be other terrorist organizations using UN planes to move about the world? Using passes to enter the grounds, the library, conferences?

Damn right they should investigate.

• Rags
    Rags

Okay, i might be real dense..but i have no idea what your all talkin about..so can someone please do some Splainin pleeeeease!!!!!!
    Thank You....
    Rags from Canada
    ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit