Available: "The Kingdom That Never Came" - English translation of book by Norwegian Ex-JW

by PrincessPeachz 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

Repost here for lurkers and newbies... if you would like a PDF copy please PM me, I have permission to distribute the English translation electronically from the author's, Joseph Wilting, family (my family).

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

From the foreward:

"First of all, I sincerely hope that neither my words nor my experiences will be interpreted as some kind of revenge, or the result of any bitter feelings, or a witchhunt aimed at Jehovah's Witnesses. However, I must admit to having such feelings when I discovered that I had been deceived for several decades by false and divergent teaching regarding Jesus and His so-called "Second Coming" in 1914. At first, during the period of change from the old to the new way of life, I felt bitterness, aggression and resentment for all those who had both misled me and presented me with a false hope, and these negative feelings must no doubt have been evident in the first interviews and talks I gave after leaving Jehovah's Witnesses.

All that is left now is a burning desire to help Jehovah's Witnesses. When I meet them on the street I greet them and I long to talk with them. But this I cannot do, for the Watchtower Society forbids all Jehovah's Witnesses to talk to former members. They are not even allowed to greet me!

Nevertheless I pray for them all, and I pray that God will open their eyes. The Watchtower Society depicts me as an apostate. Rumors are spread all over Norway that I have been guilty of embezzlement and "wife swapping", in fact that I have led a very debauched sex life. Since no one dares to make these accusations openly, I cannot "prove" that they are false by taking legal action, and although many Jehovah's Witnesses might wish to greet me, they dare not do so because this has been prohibited by the leaders, who have described me as an "evil servant". A Witnesses seen talking to me could risk being disfellowshiped.

Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that other people are informed about how the Jehovah's Witnesses cult is built up, how the system itself - the Watchtower hierarchy - is formed, and the effect on each individual member of the cult. Not least is this important for psychologists and other medical personnel who may have to treat Jehovah's Witnesses, who are riddled with phobia and misconceptions implanted by the Watchtower Society.

Therefore, it is my hope that this book will help to reveal the way a Witnesses thinks, and the sort of methods and tactics the Society employs to keep control over the minds of its members. " - Joseph Wilting

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Gasp! It's been several years since I PM'd anyone. How do I PM you? How much does a copy cost? I am certainly interested.

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

click on my name, and that will take you to my profile, and there's a Send Message button. I just need an email address.

I am able to distribute it free of charge in English, it was published and sold in Europe originally. Joseph has since passed, and the family will work on translating his second.book to English as well for me.

I will send out copies tonight, at work today and can't get to personal email :-[

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"Rumors spread", that happens with everyone who leaves the Watchtower Society, everyone here (my congo-region) believed Ray Franz had gone insane with a final attempt at seizing the power of President. The members of the Organization are good at slandering good Christian apologist, because they can't refute the material.

I was defending a brother online who left the Organization, lies from his accusers on a "Pro-JW Private Forum" "he left the Org because of financial problems, family matriarch died, deep depression, anger, pride, jealous" (notice how they could not attack doctrine, only ad-hominen assualts) , I asked "how do you know this is true? Did you live with the person you are spreading malicious lies about?" reply "Everyone in the congregation knows this! This shows you how loving the Organization is, quick to spread lies about members who post serious questions to their "house of cards".

• zeb
    zeb

you do not have to leave toget slandered!

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

Copies sent! Should have clarified perhaps, I just need an email addess to send it to, it's not a huge file, only 580K.

Appreciate the interest!

PrincessPeachz

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hello everyone!

Bumping this because I got my copy yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it. Easy to read, warm, well reasoned.

Thanks Princess :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit