I knew it was them, why did I answer the door?

by Waygooder64 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

I just had a visit by a couple that we used to know when we went to the hall.I had just put the baby to sleep for her afternoon nap and the doorbell rings.Well, I guess did`nt answer it in the required dub timeframe (3 seconds) because they laid on that button for what seemed like half a minute.I had a feeling I was on the list for a gang-save because I ran into a dub I used to work with last week.Anyways they invite the bride and I to the wine and cracker party on Thursday night ( and please make sure to bring your lovely daughter with you ,we miss you guys so much!) Funny,its been almost 10 years since I stopped going and 7 years for the wife and they finally got around to noticing that we were missing a few meetings ? My magazine slot must be overflowing by now! I was trying to figure out a way to get them to leave before the commercial ended and the race started (nascar) when I thought,Hey, I think I hear the daughter crying! Blame it on the kid! Anyways they got the point and said goodbye and the usual 'hope to see you there and the time is short blah blah blah..I was not in the mood for a visit by them today.This couple that dropped by were what we considered close friends, we did alot together.They still are very nice people and if they ever went to the dark side they would be hoot to be with.They both like to party and we as a foursome had a good time together.Its too bad......

• SYN
    SYN

*LMFAO*

Damn, man, you are sure funny!

and they finally got around to noticing that we were missing a few meetings
    *GIGGLE*

My magazine slot must be overflowing by now!
    AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Thanks Syn! I will be appearing all week....

• SYN
    SYN

OK WayGooder64 (what, are you a 64-bit version of the original 32-bit Dub version? ), I'll help you bring them to the Dark Side!

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Yeah, my mum had a visit too this week, 'they is thicker than flys' at the moment.

It's the memorial, they're desperate to get the number count up so they can boast next year.

My mum, 60 years old and still a babe, got a call from an elder but she said she was too busy to talk as she was 'entertaining' her boyfriend!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Just about everybody except for me has been harassed to come back to the hall, wife, parents, in-laws, etc.

I think they're afraid of me, but an old friend made a reference to having a party after the memorial.

Great. Some party.

ashi

UADNA-New Jersey Chapter-"OUR REACH IS FAR, OUR CAUSE IS JUST"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit