The wt contridiction on when life begins

by elderelite 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

This is one of those Bizzare things that occurs to me when i first wake, as if my mind was churrning in my sleep...

The org teaches that abortion is wrong since life begins at conception.

The org also teaches that babies womt be resurected since there is nothig (no devloped personality) to resurect

How can both be the case? Given that the org dosent teach "soul" as a specific life force (also problematic in light of the bible) how fan life begin at conception but not be resuractable?

• designs
    designs

The Wt. writers could not figure out how to have a fetus resurrected in some logical fashion ie impregnate a woman and continue the process to natural birth. Many christian denominations solve the issue by a resurrection to a different sphere like heaven. Presbyterians use the term of the unborn child as 'beholden soul'- theologymatters.com. They argue that Jesus was a complete person throughout his embryonic/fetus journey and humans have a similar complete set of genetic maps. Placing someone into a different sphere they think solves the problem of development to term and so when you go to a 'church' funeral the unborn child is spoken of as being with the rest of their family in heaven..

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Didn't they change their mind on that? I thought the newest light was that unborn children MAY be resurrected?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit