Hipocrisy and man-made religious organizatio

by MacHislopp 3 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

I could not resist to post this material taught and printed by the Society:

Men have formed religious organizations and have caused such organizations to promulgate dogmatic statements, teachings or creeds, which are held up as a guide to the people, by which millions of persons have been deceived. There is for instance, the Roman Catholic Hierarchy, which is made up of a few men comparatively that assume authority to rule and govern; and such Hierarchy rules and controls millions of persons who are submissive to the Hierarchy in blind fear.

The Roman Catholic Hierarchy has put before the people certain dogmatic statements and traditions and told the people that they must follow the same. Millions of good persons have been induced to follow and obey the Hierarchy , and by its doctrines they have been greatly deceived. They are deceived because such dogmatic statement and traditions put forth by the Hierarchy are not in harmony with Jehovah God’s truth.

Being in subjection to the Hierarchy , those millions of honest persons are not free, but are in the bondage of a man-made organization. They can never be free until they break away and cease following the doctrines of men, and receive and follow the truth as set forth in the written Word of God. To such persons in bondage and who are honest the words of Jesus apply:” If ye continue in my word , then are ye my disciples indeed ; and ye shallknow the truth, and the truth shall make you free... If the Son therefore shall make you free , ye shall be free indeed.” (John 8:31-36) True knowledge, therefore , means to know the truth as spoken by Jesus and as set forth in the Holy Scriptures.

(from : The Watchtower , May 15 th 1944, page 156 , under ‘Value of the Truth ‘

3 rd paragraph)

Just imagine… substitute the word “Hierarchy “ with “ Governing Body”.

Greetings to all,

J.C.MacHislopp

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Men have formed religious organizations and have caused such organizations to promulgate dogmatic statements, teachings or creeds, which are held up as a guide to the people, by which millions of persons have been deceived.

Yeah that is too comical isn't it

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Pot calling the kettle black.

Bangalore

• SAHS
    SAHS

It seems to be a common theme in many religious institutions and groups - a small, select group of individuals setting themselves up as a "governing body" to control and manipulate followers according to their perceived interpretation of reality. We see it in other groups such as the Mormons, Christian Scientology, and, of course, older religions such as the Catholic Church.

I believe that the dynamics of such are not so much the apparent human desire to worship as it is the need by some to attain superiority and control over others. Those who seek to become part of such religious hierarchies at the top level are really opportunists filling an inevitable niche of power in human society.

Such hierarchies can exist only because they prey on people's innate fears of the unknown, namely death and the future. If it were not for being able to instill fear of punishment or hope of reward after one's death, then any such hierarchy could not exist because there would be no ability to control others, as there would be nothing to control, no perceived consequence of indifference to any religious system of belief.

The only reason people can be given such power is that they can succeed in convincing others of their so-called insight into authority ascribed to the "divine." I was quite impressed with something which I heard republican comedian Bill Maher say when being interviewed by Larry King: "I don't have any problem with God, I just have a problem with people who claim to speak for him."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit