Online support for JWs

by goddidit 6 Replies latest jw friends

• goddidit
    goddidit

I want to use my knowledge of science and religion to reach out to JWs and help them escape. But as we all know, it's very difficult to make them listen. They don't come to the door very often so I wondered about any online methods.

One idea I had was to friend some on facebook and use this to show them things that might make them think.

Bearing in mind my audience here (you're all ex/fading/conscious class right? I was never a JW but have a family member involved), please could you give me some tips, facebook or otherwise.

Thanks. I look forward to your replies.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They are taught not to listen to opposers, so bone up on appropriate psychology first, then choose your subject material.

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

I decided to try and educate my dub-acquaintances by emailing them thru a site I set up under the name I use here: big mama (sort of a cousin to the "Mother-like Organization"). Anyway the email address is [email protected]. I pick subjects that I hope will catch their eye and interest. I've had 2 people ask to be removed....out of about 60 in a couple dozen messages sent. However I've had a couple requests for more info, and had a few send references of names to add to my mailing list. If you PM me I will send you samples of what I have sent out. OK, it's not a website and I know alot of dubs just 'junk mail' my messages. But I spent 45 years pounding the streets to preach a message I gagged on. Rmembering that makes this a cake-walk. If 1 person has their eyes opened, I will consider it a success. Your response rate will be just about like the interest you would find going door to door if you were a dub. But the attitude has to be the same: ".........just one hearing ear; just one".

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

P.S. I extend the invitation to anyone who wants to.....feel free to send me your name, and I'll put you on my mailing list. As mentioned above [email protected].

I wish I knew how to drive dubs to a website......can you link your website to the Society website so it will be a cross reference type thing. I'm no techie and I'm sure the wtb&ts would squech anything like that instantly.....still, don't know without trying.....

• trujw
    trujw

You know for all that say this doesn't work I was saved by reading a David Reed book Answering a witness verse by verse. I was a Young man read the book an the rest is history. WE do help many many witnesses here

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

trujw. What was it about the book that stopped you from binning it?

• goddidit
    goddidit

"can you link your website to the Society website so it will be a cross reference type thing"

You can put links on your own site that will go to the official JW site.

Adding links to the JW site that navigate somewhere else can only be done by the owners of the site and hackers.

If the JW site displayed adverts, their control over what ads get displayed is limited, so there's probably a way to sneak your own ads in there, but wouldn't you know it, no ads on the site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit