Questions and matters I wish I could get my Jehovah's Witness Family to think about

by Butterflyleia85 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

So in the beginning there was a man named Charles Taze Russell who was influenced by other religions, but yet concerned the teaching of main stream Christian religion... He used Egyptian pyramids (now looked at as pagan) as a method of calculation of dates that he felt had an effect of Christian and human culture.

In avoiding pagan ideas now, there was so much to begin with, where was the change and whose idea was this? (Compare now to holidays in how their traditions affect them> does it better a person or worsen them, distract them, or offend God> is God more offended that you changed a different view of looking at him, then, it is to judge another believers way with their traditions, in bringing something evil to something loving and fun? Have you looked at how they view their traditions? As Christian main stream belief as long as they continue morally and whole heartedly in what is good and look at God over things that can be distracting does it really matter?)

Is pagan a sin and truly wrong? In the main stream Christian faith yes it is but how far back does pagan really go and when is it considered pagan? What was considered pagan then and what is it considered now> as a human searching for God out of faith, truth and sincerity, it's a good question (being an open minded thinker).

Does history affect us? Is our belief now just in traditions trying to fit the beliefs over what the bible truly says?

1916-1942 Was it when the second president of Jehovah's Witnesses society came into office, Joseph Franklin Rutherford? To me what I get from Rutherford is that he was a selfish man and very haughty and very strict, changed alot of what Russell taught.

Then when N. H. Knorr came into office after Rutherfords death things started balancing out... the influence of Frederick W. Franz was big in Jehovah's Witness belief because he was the organization's resident seer and long-time student of the bible. Knorr and Franz had great control over the society.

Aside from covering up several of F.W. ("Freddy") Franz's doctrinal blunders, as well as his well-known expectations regarding 1975 as the date for the end of the world, this newly empower-ed Governing Body (ranging from 11 to 18 men) had to come up with some fancy explanations for Rutherford's and Russell's failed prophecies.

Does History Effect us!!

While they have on occasion gone back to previous views, more often than not, as we have seen, the Watchtower leaders have chosen entirely new views, sometimes the exact opposite as before! Even if they were honest in this matter and were to admit their complete failure, one cannot but question why this "holy spirit" would not tell them outright what is doctrinally correct. Nor would it excuse them from fitting the Biblical pattern of a false prophet. (Deut. 18: 20-22) In 1972 they told us to review the record of these self-styled prophets:

Who is this prophet?... Today they are known as Jehovah's Witnesses.... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? (Watchtower, 4/1/72, p.197)

Time has revealed enough to demonstrate that the Watchtower has a worse prophetic record than most spirit mediums and soothsayers! After dozens of failed dates, expectations and changes in teachings, as well as their life-dishonoring and grossly hypocritical stand on blood transfusions, they can no longer sing this song! Alas! Time for more new explanations!

http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=400:undoing-the-judge-qjehovahs-organizationq-or-joes-organization&catid=27:rutherford&Itemid=342

Influence in thinking has changed why fight it? Going ahead of the Governing Body? Why would it be wrong too? Compare yourself to what the Governing body has already done in the past... they are changing things, your thinking and you don't fight that... If they don't think it's wrong for them to change why would it be wrong for you too. You could save your life! (Failed prophecies, unnecessary no blood policy deaths, disfellowshipment suicides, geepers creepers under elders hats and molesting your kids, money hungry leaders paying off all the lawyers to help keep their errors from biting them in the butt, and mostly an illusion or manipulation that gets you to serve them rather then God)

Jehovah's Witnesses policies: Choosing in participation or in standing firm in beliefs while respecting God... is it truly a conscience matter or is it about obedience? (Holidays, Politics, and Beliefs like abstaining from Blood)

Sins paid with consequences by what role, the leaders judgement\punishment towards that or what naturally happens. Does the sin of one man stem on the whole group or just the individual? (...Sex before marriage, cheating, violence, murder, and stealing, etc.) Is it protecting or harming? Basicly is it doing more harm then good. Who is a rightful judge and who should you put trust in this role> Judge, preacher, therapist, or any professionals.

Do they know their job? What roles do they have in your life and how much control do you give them? What is your role? How do they, your leaders or guides, base their understanding, by facts or faith> what are the consequences in putting faith (your lifes conscience, thinking, or beleif) in certain men? Your life again could be in jeopardy!

How?? Well is it because God may be offended and decide that we aren't worth of his glory or his gift to us... or is it really because the manipulation of man is feeding on this illusion to get us to do their work for them... Think.

Core beliefs and contradictions between wither it's important to God, is it important in figuring out the foundation of beliefs, or is it important as to your personal identity or your life in general, will it save your future> Trinity, Hell, and Jesus's coming, Jesus being God, and Jehovah's name or title.

Purpose on earth> is it to enjoy life? Is it to make a mark in this world? Or is it to make a difference that will affect an eternal life unknown or is that all an illusion that will distract you and hold you down in this life? Reach full potential worth living for... if not now in the future especially in an unknown future life? When do you invest in this things you hold important and how much investment (time) should you focus on giving? What part of life is important to invest time and energy into>> What makes you happy now or what makes you happy forever and ever>

Researching beyond the pages of your core belief... Is it safe? Is it creating unnecessary doubt in your heart? Will God or Good guide you along the way?

Help me figure it out if I'm wrong then... You could save yourself or you could be saving me.

The Love Of Family (literal or spiritual) is GREATER Than The Love of TRIDITION and RELIGION.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I'll be back to read this!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Taking a second look at this and the lack of comments, maybe it might be a bet to condescending to send (I wasn't really going to send it anyways). I really wish though I could get them to look at their logic... shune the sinner to make them come to their senses and come back to the truth. Well I already knew my sins needed to be paid for that is why the elders found out about my sin in the first place... what I was trying to figure out was what was wrong with me in acting in a sinful way, why wasn't what the elders telling me working and just making me go crazy. Then when I was 'casted out to the world' what was their logic to their actions? What gave christians in the world their peace and understanding, and it had to work, no BS, with my understanding of what I grow up knowing about ther 'truth'. Well it turns out their logic was like another match to reaching God.... so now I had to compare, where JW the only truth, were they imperfect, and then the research began. I find that most christians were open to their imperfection maybe for some a bet to soft about things but their logic made since, 'it's between you and God' not 'you man and God' as the final judge, that's why he gave us free will, 'as you judge others the same will also be upon you' judged by God. So do I though continue with my course in life as a DF, more research had to be done, does God or Jesus forgive or is it a course of punishment and isolation that will humble me and then I will be forgiven. I had no encouragement that's for sure, going to the meetings was suppose to be my encouragement but yet it made me feel more like a sinner and evil, them talking about the faithful ones and all... well what about the sinners, even after research in the Watchtower and Awakes as well as other liture I found no encouragement, just your doomed to distruction and that's it... that family and friends needs to shun you inorder to protect their flock. I had alot of DFed friends who were trying to get back in but we were all on different pages dealing with the same thing yet we all were handing it to our own self distruction and I honestly didn't want to be around that any longer... alone again. I even looked up stricked heart I think it was or something like that that the Watchtower pubished online about those who have sinned and 'can turn from their bad ways'.... It still was not enough to read that over and over. I went to counseling and well the only thing I found is that my past was coming forward and the battle with disfellowshipment we couldn't really decuse because she had other JW patients and she wanted to respect our beleif so.... it never really helped. I wanted to feel ok again (I was even put on antidepressiates to just cope through the days)... I wanted encouragement, wither it was to just live life normal or to face the JW whole heartedly. Who was really there to help me but of one day coming on here and tons of ppl leaving me with comments of encouragement!!! And homework! ;) I did my research and after my findings, I see it wasn't about living up to 'God's Standards' it was about living and learning.... God will guide you no matter what. Using scriptures, using lifes experiences, and sorrounding yourself with people who support you and love you know matter what the changes!... Make life worth living in!!

Yes I may not be asking family really to save me because I feel I already been 'saved'. But I am asking them if they truely care... and love me and what it means to me to prove that. Because I know for sure I care about them or I wouldn't be still pondering about this Jehovah's Witness stuff and leaving with it with just a life experience.... it still haunts me that my family are Jehovah's Witnesses and there is nothing in my power to change that. All I can do is not be afraid of offending and not be afraid of rejection. I love them dearly... and all I want is them to see it from my side of the story.

• moshe
    moshe

They could do a factual drama on the history of the origins of the WT religion, that when condensed into 60 minutes would leave the JWs reeling in shock.

Pyramidology, quack medicine, power takovers, failure of 1914, millions campaign failure of 1925, trying to get cozy with Hitler, Beth Sarim, 1975 failure, etc.

JWs exist only by living in the present with their current doctrines. I was amazed that by 1980, the JWs who had been so sure about 1975, had forgotten all about their comments in the meetings prior to 1975- never happened, didn't say it.

WT study coming soon to a KH near you--

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

That would be great moshe! ;)

• Ding
    Ding

Great point, Moshe.

As with Orwell's 1984, when "the truth" changes, not only do JWs happily change with it, but in a short time, they forget completely that they ever thought otherwise.

Anyone who reminds them is promoting apostate thinking...

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

yeah ding that's in short what it comes down to.

did i ever mention you were a great help for me thanks! ;)

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    Anyone who reminds them is promoting apostate thinking...

yet they can't shut the hell up about the wacky things that the Catholic Church has done in its past as well as bashing the origins of holidays.

Reminds me of something Twain said. I think it went something like "There is a sect who KNOWS that they alone are the true religion. And there are 999,999 other sects that KNOW that they're wrong."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit