Blood double standard in my own JW family??

by suavojr 8 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

I cant’s figure out my dad! He is a hardcore JW (Elder since 1984) I am also a current MS but just waking up. My father went back to our country of origin and he is currently serving in an isolated area with my mom. I decided to stay in the states and move to the southeast with my wife and we are both doing well.

In the early 2000’s my mom needed a procedure to seal a spinal leakage by using her OWN BLOOD. The purpose was to get the blood injected in the area and let the body do its job and form a natural seal.

The irony is that my parents and I NEVER MENTIONED anything to any elders because we knew what possible repercussions could come out of this. What is intriguing, is that fact that we sat down and analyzed the subject and concluded that the blood was not being used to nourish my moms’ body and that in reality this was a safe procedure since she was using her own blood.

I was amazed to read this same argument in Ray’s book 9 years later, for the first time! With scriptural support.

But here is my problem… my dad continues to be a hardcore JW! He will not change his overall view towards blood, he continues to accept our 607 date, etc…

I recently called him right after the annual meeting to tell him about our great new light. When I mentioned the change there was a loooong pause over the phone, and all he said was to wait and see what happens. (Did not say wait in JEHOVAH)

But he still believes that the WTBTS is the chosen one!!

Is he giving me mixed signals? Should I keep digging? Is he playing the same WTBTS double standard with me? Or do you think it would blow up in my face if I keep talking?

What are your thoughts?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Older people are though some times. If you keep digging in front of him, it may blow up in your face. I don't know what route you're taking but it may be a good way to get out is by simply start talking about it in your family. If you're fading, back off, they probably already have an inkling about your viewpoints, don't give them any more fodder.

Religion does not have to make sense, it actually never does. If he wants to continue believing this, that's his perogative but I would tell him to cut the bullshit. Many people will change their mind when you get them in a narrow strait (that's also why doctors' guidelines on handling JW's is to get them away from visiting elders and family) but that doesn't mean the hundreds of JW's that do take blood will leave the cult.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Welcome Suavojr, Good to hear your family are doing fine. Glad you are waking up! Thoughts: Leave the 607, blood thing alone since he's hardcore about it. Being out of the country also makes it more challanging. You may know this already, but on pg. 159 of the revelation climax book is a subliminal image in Jesus right hand that is so obvious, check it out! plus theres many more. Sometimes pictures say more than we do. Let me know, you can pm me anytime. I wish you complete success Brother......

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Woah settle down. It's good to plant little seeds of thought, but don't forget that he's had the deepest mind control the WT can produce on a regular basis for many years.

Are you familiar with cognitive dissonance? If not, I suggest you read up right away. I'm not sure how far along you are in your wake up, but around here Steve Hassan's books are pretty much required reading. The more you dig, the more buttons you will push that you don't want to be pushing.

Good luck with your wake up, please don't make the mistakes that many of us here have by pushing loved ones too hard. Some will never wake up!

• shadow
    shadow

i think that's an "approved" procedure

• wasblind
    wasblind

( did not say wait in Jehovah )_________suavojr

The WTS has never waited on Jehovah , they always ran ahead makin'

predictions about the end even though Jesus said no one will know

Not He himself, or the angels only the father

But the WTS claims the bible pinpointed exactly when. and time after

time God has made the WTS out to be a lie

Under the headin' of DATES in the Reasoning book, the WTS make claims of this " pinpoint chronolgy"

• wasblind
    wasblind

BTTT, I need to stop gettin' carried away

• suavojr
    suavojr

Anony Mous, insearchoftruth4, Captain Obvious, shadow, wasblind Thank you very much for all your suggestions!

(pg. 159 of the revelation climax book is a subliminal image in Jesus right hand that is so obvious)____ insearchoftruth4,

Yes, I have seen it many times and can’t get over it but it is true and clear…

Captain Obvious : who talks about cognitive dissonance, Steve Hassan’s? I will search for his book and read up. Thanks!

wasblind: You are correct! God has proven them liars each and every time. Jesus will return but not because the WTS says it. What should I be looking for in the reasoning book?

• jemba
    jemba

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit