The Secret of Life - required reading for Jehovah's Witnesses.

by donny 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• donny
    donny

During my recent trip to Dallas, I stopped by an old haunt, Half-Price Bookstore, and picked up Jermaine Jacksons book "You Are Not Alone - Michael: Through a Brothers Eyes." It has several interesting observations, but one of them has me puzzled. On page 204 Jermaine is describing a mural that Michael had painted on one of the walls. Jermaine states "Inside, a painted mural fills one wall. It is a green forest scene with a cartoon version of Michael perched on a tree reading a green book with a title 'The Secret of Life' - required reading for Jehovah's Witnesses." I do not recall this publication? What is it and why was it "required reading for Jehovah's Witnesses?" Donny

• everchangingworld
    everchangingworld

No such book. The author maybe confused it with "the secret of family happiness". There was another one called "Is this life all there is?". Can't remember the colour of either book though.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Athens Is This Life All There Is book was indeed green. I am positive, because when my baby died in 1993 I read it over and over.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Survival Into A New Earth had a green cover, published in 1984. And another green cover was Organized To Accomplish Our Ministry which had the prep questions in the appendix for baptism.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Unless Jermaine is getting confused with a New World scene and Michael having his name written in God's "Book of Life" - Phil 4:3 ??

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

goes to show u how little they all paid attention in that religion. It was their Mother's religion, really. They accomidated Mom.

• donny
    donny

Thanks for the updates. I always thought it was weird how much into JW's the mother and Michael seemed to be yet they did Christmas songs. The book is quite an interesting read and you can tell Michael always struggled with being a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit