"The Elders will want to be sure and take the lead in Holiday Witnessing"

by xelder 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• xelder
    xelder

Few things pissed me off more than that manipulative comment in the KM every Holiday. So glad to have tomorrow off. Hey FDS...PISS OFF

• whathappened
    whathappened

Enjoy your holiday, friend. Eating turkey and dressing? Hope so, I am.

• trujw
    trujw

I really really really hope they do. Everyone that comes to my home run away like scared chickens once I ask a few pointed questions. Please come to my door elders!!!!!! I am begging please please come to my house soon. I want an elder to run and hide like the rest of them after talking to me for more than a minute. That would be a great Chrsitmas miracle

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Did you get some territory? Plenty of people should be home.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yeah they are little shits alright.

Stealing time, that is what they do.

Using guilt to get people to go peddle their religious trash when they should be relaxing and spending time with family.

Sometimes I wish there were a GOD that would hold them accountable.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Yep...Used to enjoy going out XMAS Day with my Dad. That was in the 50's

They always said people were more receptive on that day cause they were thinking more about GAWD and JESUS.

It was more likely that they were shit faced from boozing it up and mellowed out waiting for the turkey...

Yes I know that's not a turkey... Were the hell is the turkey ikon.... ...LOL

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I'm in... bring on the tryptophan

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Why can't they allow the World to have one day without banging on the doors of happy families celebrating a holiday?

I worked with a crazy old man, his line on Christmas day was "You know this holiday is pagan don't you?" "I have some literature on Christmas that shows how Christmas trees are something a Christian would never own or allow in his house!"

Lucky, Me! I hated being stuck with crazy brothers who have nothing to do on Holidays but show up for "field service" arrangements, and head home all depressed when nobody took his magazines! Poor Dave!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I went out on Thanksgiving Day--once. Sure, people were home. There were so many people cooking turkeys that it made the car group I was in crave it, and there were none available anywhere. There was a pretty big group out that day. Every holiday since, the hounders had this talk about everyone being expected to be out in field circus to take advantage of people being home and that they supposedly had time off (your time off was supposed to belong to Jehovah).

It gets even worse for those witlesses out on Christmas Day. Imagine you are about 7 years old, waiting for your parents to get ready to open the presents (who are pokey, as usual). Then, after an eternity at the breakfast table, they finally meander into the living room. Then, just as everyone is under the tree and ready, the witlesses show up. The father answers the door, and the discussion takes on the order of another half hour. They leave the Washtowel Teach book along with the rags, and another 45 minutes is wasted. By now, the whole celebration is disrupted--before they get another chance to open the presents, it is time for Grandma to show up. There goes the opening of the presents for the day. Nothing like this to make a merry Christmas become a dreary Christmas for everyone, and that is with the parents' accepting the littera-trash.

If they wish to practice their Jewish/Christian hybrid religion and call it the only pure Christian religion, fine. But, don't intrude on those who wish to practice a more traditional Christian version, or that simply view Christmas as celebrating joy, peace, prosperity, and fun. I wonder how many people go around pushing Christmas on the witlesses during their REJECT Astaroth Party.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Guilt, guilt and more guilt! What percentage of Governing Body members and the "Writing Staff" preach on Thanksgiving and Christmas? I bet it's less than 1 percent!

Does anyone wake up as a kid and say "I want to be a Circuit Overseer who obey's the crazy ideas hashed out by hateful, legalistic men trying to control my Christian Freedom? I thought of the Traveling Overseers who have to go out on Holiday's if it's part of their Kingdom Hall visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit