are they already working on the new buildings at warwick, ny?

by Richard_I 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

i noticed on the news part of jw.org, they mentioned this comment:

"There were power outages at the branch office facilities in Patterson and Wallkill, New York, and these facilities ran temporarily on generator power; however, the Warwick facility is still operating on generator power. The storm also disrupted telecommunications services at these facilities."

i havent heard anything about them even starting work at warwick, and now they have electricity and a generator to do whatever it is they are doing? anyone know people involved that can get pictures or something?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I live in the area, and I see Kingdom Support Services trucks in the vicinity of the Warwick property from time to time. So something is going on there, though I believe they are supposed to be in the permit process for new construction. I believe there are already some existing buildings on the property, so maybe they are doing renovations on those, or perhaps it's mainly surveying and other pre-construction activities going on at this time. I have friends who live within a mile or so of the property, as the crow flies, and they were out of electricity for almost 2 weeks after Hurricane Sandy (at my house, about 15 minutes away, we were without power for only 5 days, but we live very near a high school), so I'd imagine the situation might have been the same at the Watchtower property.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Here’s the latest Google Maps image…

New Governing Body Country Club in Warwick

…but it could be over a year old. There were some existing buildings there already… from a paper plant I believe? Anyway’s, Google already labeled it as the official World Headquarters…

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Sorry... on the link above, slide down and to the right.... zoom in on Sterling Lake until you see World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Sorry... Not Sterling Lake... that's the big lake... I meant Sterling Forrest Lake (just south of Sterling lake)....

• Jeffro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit