Fig tree withered...

by Botzwana 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

So wifey and I are reading the Bible a chapter at a time. Jesus killed the fig tree. I ask her why does she think he did that...She says it was to teach the apostles that we have the power of whatever we want to do. So I asked her do we have that power today...She said yes. SO then I commanded our ficus plant to wither and die. It didn't. She said I didn't have enough faith. So I put on the whole Jedi mind face to command the plant to die for around 20 seconds. Nothing happens. So I said to her couldn't Jesus just SAY that they will have power and not have to kill an innocent tree? She got furious...So I said If I went around with a hacksaw and a machete hacking trees would that put me in the lord's favor? More furious was she....I said all I am doing is asking questions....She could not reason at all why Jesus HAD to kill the tree....

She is not a witness mind you but blind when it comes to asking questions about the bible.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I say, it was sort of like when you go to the supermarket and you want a specific thing and it's just not there. "This is place is some trash, I hope it closes down--they never have what I'm looking for!" you say.

Basically, Jesus was hungry, and the fig tree was that supermarket. All those figs that would have grown in otherwise got laid off as an object lesson.

Jesus: Bad for the Economy. Bad for America.

Paid for by Restore Our Nation, Inc. Restore Our Nation, Inc. does not endorse any candidate.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit