My introduction at the Kingdom Hall

by wisdomfrombelow 6 Replies latest jw friends

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

On Sunday I was attending the Kingdom Hall and some visiting JW or a new JW in the area introduced himself to me. He obviously didn't know I was disfellwoshipped so I introduced myself to him, shook his hand and smiled. I wasn't particularly interested in a conversation but I wasn't about to start of saying "I'm disfellowshipped" because it was none of his business. I wonder if they'll make a local needs talk about my brazen behavior.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

That is the right response.

No need to break your back to play by their dumb rules.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if they'll make a local needs talk about my brazen behavior.

If an elder realizes that the person who came up to you and started talking didn't know of your DF, they may

just let past. On the other hand if they see you talking to people within the congregation itself, expect a taking to.

Of course this all depends on the individual elders and the relationship you may have with them.

Never under estimate elders though, there's are those newly appointed ones that will try to display their newly acquired power

within the congregation.

Maybe the question should be asked what the hell are you doing going to JW Kingdom Hall in the first place ???

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I have been DF'd over two years now. I have my reasons for attending but being reinstated isn't one of them. I am not hostile and have family still in so I sit quietly and attend most meetings. In those 2 years none of the elders has come up and talked to me to inquire anything about my status or reasons for being there. I just sit and smile.

• undercover
    undercover

I wonder if they'll make a local needs talk about my brazen behavior.

No. They'll have a local needs talk about the JW's brazen behavior. No need to use you as an example. You're already DFd. But Brother Ignorant... oh boy, they can use his faux pas as an example to show how loyal JWs should not associate with, nay, not even greet a DFd person.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Kind of both sad and somewhat admirable since you have family in.

The real underling problem is your not going to go no where with your family unless you do eventually get reinstated.

As you know the WTS. organization has strict controls and rules set on how DF people are treated.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You have my sympathies, I couldn't go back, family or no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit