Personal Territories and Foreign language. A blessing for Fading JW's?

by DATA-DOG 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just a quick thought. If you are fading just get a personal territory like the KM talks about. Say that you go there after work because you just can't make all the weekend service and you want to be busy in the ministry despite your circumstances. Then go get some litterature and do whatever you want! Tell your mate you are making an RV and go get a beer! Go to the gym and say you were in service. Do some letter writing and mention JWFacts.com and others. Just make crap up while emptying the KH's supply of junk.

Here is another plan if you like foreign languages. I like Russian a lot. I was seriously gearing up to learn it when I found TTATT. I really would have went except the rules for attending were so stupid. They made no exceptions for people with children, or if you could not move to another KH. It was all or nothing. Jeeze did the want help or not?! So I figure if I am going to fade, why not learn Russian on their dime? Then I will get a job that requires Russian and not use the language to benefit the WTBTS's interests. Good idea or bad idea?

• Aware!
    Aware!

Take anything you can from them. I was thinking of learning a foreign language (Tagalog) on their dime as well, but they also required all or nothing. If all else fails, download anything you can in Russian from jw.org. I did that with Portuguese. It's nice to follow along the bible as I listen to the narrator.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Aware, you plan on talking with nurses, we have a huge influx of nurses coming in from the Phillipines. The OP is a good idea for anyone wanting to fade while falling under the radar.

I think most elders are not watching over "faders" as we might think so, their lives are very hectic and it's easy to forget who is in the Kingdom Hall and who is not. It's not uncommon for someone to walk out of the Kingdom Hall and never be heard from again, as friends forget "weak ones" or "disgruntled ones" or "people with critical thinking skills (a bad trait). High maintanence dubs (mentally ill, depressed or bitter) are the first to be let go, only the ancient diehard members with love check up on those riff-raft :)

• Aware!
    Aware!

Aware, you plan on talking with nurses, we have a huge influx of nurses coming in from the Phillipines.

Yes.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Start with "Pimsleur Tagalog 1", it's only $75 bucks and worth every penny. If anyone tells you it's similiar to Spanish, they are wrong! Tagalog is a newer language evolving after the Philipine Government made it the official language in the 1980s.

The region had eight main languages and (I think over 150 dialects or more) ten dialects along with Spanish (medical), English (technology and fiance words) French (food). I found it to be fun but very mixed up, have fun and get a date with a philipino nurse, they are fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit