New FDS understanding just a publicity stunt for new JW.ORG website?!?

by Gorbatchov 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I read this weekend many reactions on my own posting about "We just love this idea" and also the topics of Cedars and Metatron about the new understanding of the FDS doctrine and stop the printing facility's.

Today I can not oppress the feeling that the new FDS understanding is just a PUBLICITY STUNT just to make JW.ORG famous and usefull for the rank-and-file JW's.

How to get attention for the new publishing channel JW.ORG to replace the use of hardcopy magazines?!?

Just release a new understanding of an important doctrine @ JW.ORG

What do you think?!?

Gorby

• elderelite
    elderelite

interesting thought gorby.... i might argue it slightly diffent. Its not that they made up new light (tm) just to put it on JW org, HOWEVER i do think they choose to put it on JW org in order to get people used to going there for new information and to, as you say, draw attention to it from the rank and file.

• cedars
    cedars

It's possible, but the risks outweigh the benefits. If this was all just a publicity stunt to make the rank and file view jw.org as an indispensible resource for spiritual light, then they are effectively encouraging publishers to use the internet more to gather their information. As I've already explained in previous articles, any increased use of the internet by the rank and file will inevitably result in stray publishers finding their way onto websites that present JW beliefs in a less than flattering light.

To illustrate, I regularly check the stats for my website, jwsurvey.org. Guess which keyword gives us the greatest number of search-related visits? jw.org! In fact, at a glance I can see we had 25 visits from that keyword in the last 7 hours! This demonstrates perfectly why encouraging publishers to use the internet more is a terrible idea, because there will always be casualties.

In my view, this FDS thing wasn't a publicity stunt. The annual meeting announcement was merely a botched attempt at "revealing" the new understanding to great fanfare and applause. It backfired dramatically. The JW.org article was just an attempt at damage limitation once they realised the news was leaking out faster than they anticipated - mostly through "unapproved" channels.

Cedars

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Cedars, thanks for your comment. I like your postings.

When I watched the jw.org video, it seems to me the China Party Congress, so controlled was the event and the report of it.

I'm curious how this all will end.

Gorby

• cedars
    cedars

No problem Gorbatchov. After making the comment, I thought I'd see what happens when I type "jw.org" in Google. JWsurvey.org is currently third behind JW.org and JW-media.org, at least on my browser! You've gotta love Google.

I agree with your observations about the annual meeting video. You do get the sense that the event is carefully stage managed, and the video meticulously edited. I find the part where Anthony Morris is shaking hands with the young children particularly nauseating. It smacks of an election broadcast, with Morris as some sort of presidential candidate.

And at the end of the video, few if any of the comments are related directly to the "new understanding". They are all just vaguely positive, with two of the comments about the children singing.

Cedars

• Pterist
    Pterist

Gorbat...*** Today I can not oppress the feeling that the new FDS understanding is just a PUBLICITY STUNT just to make JW.ORG famous and usefull for the rank-and-file JW's.***

I have interchanged comments with active JWs on Huffington Post / religious section. I follow their comments and they invariably direct "victims" to JW.ORG. It seems they are using religious forums for this very purpose and act to back each other up. They are completely unmovable with any errors that are exposed to them and when they have no answer they use the "apostate" calling card without proof or foundation. Opposition, encourages them even more as they believe they are fighting Satan's little demons. The causality rate would be very low for these die hards in a digital world. They may also have approval from elders to propagate their " good news" @ JW.ORG as theocratic warfare where their comments are vague and misleading.

JW.ORG, and Street withnessing seems to be their direction as the printing presses stop and consolidation and selling property continues. The GB can be virtual and don't even need to be in NY, to answer to any authority.

Shalom

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I would agree only no JWs know about it or have mentioned it. Also the WT are not signposting it at all. I feel the new doctrine was very rushed as it doesnt add up at all (the slave had to also be on earth before the master went away), i think it has been put online as that is the quickest way to publicly announce something. I think they were swerving a legal issue i.e. do the 'anointed' have legal authority in the org etc...

snare

• clarity
    clarity

Gorby ... There are more than "two birds to kill with this stone"!

>

Perhaps more than meets the eye!

>

You are no doubt correct on one level.

>

Held in the Gorgeous Stanley Theater .... could they have packaged

this whole thing any better than that?

>

What other setting would be more distractive. There, hidden in plain sight,

was this piece of shh shining new lite ... well an idea, as it was referred to by Splane!

>

Watching the depth of excitement and specialness in that room was like

watching a magician set up an audience to look at the wrong thing.

>

With their eyes full of amazement the 'rabbit' was pulled out the hat!

>

All they could think of was, WOW god is with us, look around where we are,

with all the other special people, and the ceeuutest little kids singing K songs,

and those look at those chandeliers ... we must be richer than the Catholic

Church! Oh WOW ........hey did you hear something about a new IDEA....

>

say what ? Huh? ........Hey where are we going for dinner?

>

>

Mission accomplished!

clarity

• besty
    besty

if you want to see natural google results without your personalization applied, use AOL search - they license Google results...

• BroMac
    BroMac

on the video I saw earlier on jw.org @8.27 did I hear one brother from the domincan rep. say "it's the high point of the year"... i bet it is.. better than the memorial? really?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit