Prime Directive of Destructive Cults

by Farkel 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

The Prime Directive of all destructive cults is to keep members absolutely convinced they are not involved in a destructive cult. If that directive is not sustained the game is over for the leaders of the cult.

I thought about this because of an interesting experience I had not more than a half hour ago. I wanted to call a childhood friend of mine; we had made contact a year or so ago after forty years. He left the dubs about twenty years ago.

I had accidentally deleted his phone number from my cell phone and his number is not in the book. Using 411 directory service I was able to gain contact with his uncle who is the brother of a now deceased GB member and still an active dub. I told him my situation and he said, "no, I don't have his number. We've been out-of-touch for many years." I thought to myself, "how absurd! My friend was never DFd and they only live a few miles from each other and his family was always very close." Then the old codger asked, "Who are you?" I gave him a fake name because he knows family members of mine who are still in.

Then he asked, "Are you a Jehovah's Witness?" I lied again. I said, "No, I know him from High School and just wanted to get back in touch."

Can you believe this shit? What person other than someone insane would ask some total stranger trying to locate their nephew what RELIGION the caller belong to? Had I actually been some "worldly" person trying to locate his nephew, what would I think of the Jehovah's Witness religion if another person wanted to know my religion before the call could continue?

This man in question is normally a very nice person. I knew him as a youth. Yet in all his 80-90+ years the Watchtower Prime Directive is still working on him.

Simply amazing.

Farkel

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

wow amazing.. they are scaried $h*tless... us and them..

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Typical.

• flipper
    flipper

FARKEL- Amazing. You handled it quite adeptly. The old codger is obviously suffering from " dissociative disorder " as Steve Hassan stated which turns all cult members into automan unemotional robots who can cut off ANY feeling of normal human caring or emotion towards their inactive JW family members at the drop of a dime. It appears the old codger cut off his nephew years ago even for just being " inactive " and was probably hoping against hope that you WERE a JW so his nephew would be " restored " ( cough, cough ) to the JW fold again. The WT Society cult mind control is so powerful and strong that it can cause fanatic JW's to cut off inactive family members just like that. No questions asked , period.

I've seen this happen in my own extended JW family as I have as you know 2 daughters who have shunned my adult son and myself for 9 years now. These people that do this are mentally ill in my opinion. They are emotionally dysfunctional adults whose normal human emotions are skewed and poisoned by WT teachings to be so. As you stated destructive cults try to deceive members that they are NOT destructive cults. If they can convince them of such, it makes it easier to cause cult members to destroy family relationships without blinking an eye. It's twisted and sick.

By the way- I do hope you are able to contact your friend again in time. Good luck. Avoid the old codger. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

25 members of my immediate family are shunning me for just asking hard question and drawing away for not going to Watchtower corp meetings

I feel your pain Flip

• talesin
    talesin

Yeah, when 'worldly' (or as I like to say 'the average person') people are faced with a question or situation like that, they shake their heads and mentally say "HUH? WE-IRD"...

One of my homecare workers (she's been working with me for a year) asked about family, and I said "oh they're JWs and shun me". She was taken aback "Shun you?" Yep, for leaving the religion. "Wow, that is just hard to wrap my head around." We've since had several conversations about the Society, as she has neighbours down the street who are JWS (yeah, I grew up with them), and has noted that no, they never attend neighbourhood functions or parties, the kids never play with the neighbourhood kids, etc. It only takes one strange experience to wake folks up to the strangeness that is the cult of the WTBTS.

Something, isn't it?

tal

• flipper
    flipper

TALESIN- Good for you in helping turn people's lights on regarding the weirdness of the JW cult. Many people think they are just harmless , shiny, happy smiley people who call uninvited at their doors. But they are MUCH more dangerous than that- as we know. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• bsmart
    bsmart

So Farkel, did you find your friend?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bumped, I would like to know farkel is O.K, and dear Tal, also , did he contact his old buddy ?

I had a similar reaction to the one Tal got from my therapist when I explained the full extent of the shunning. Her reaction? She said:

"I would question their right to claim to be christians if they act like that, it is simply the worst kind of bullying".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit