When Was This Term Coined,"Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses'?

by Scott77 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

They love to slip in the word 'special'. What exactly does it mean to be a servant of Jehovah's Witnesses, either you are a JW or you are not.
    Listener

Listener Right on that.. Now I can recall of 'Special' Day Assembly, 'Special' Pioneer, and may be a 'Special' meeting, right?. How about a 'Special'Group of Men? cobaltcupcake, thank you for the 'scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the monks are marching and chanting'. That is very relevant to this discussion.

Scott77

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

It was before '95. I know that simply because of where I was living when I staged that little greeting for my brother. We moved out of there in '93. Maybe I was aware of it earlier because of my brother. He'd send us notes from Gilead graduations, the Bethel breakfast table, 'n' stuff.

It absolutely cracked me up that he had to take a "vow of poverty" and become part of a "special order." I actually got him to crack a smile with my little greeting.

• Scott77
    Scott77

cobaltcupcake,

Your brother is still in Bethel, right? Is he not worried about being kicked to the 'curb'?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit